Falkland Islands

A small section of the British people, which happens to live abroad, hold parades and marches, proclaiming how proud they are to be British.They proudly fly the Union Flag, and demand an end to foreign intereference in their future and the right to determine their own destiny. Support for their cause actually extends far beyond the small group directly involved.

Cameron supports their wishes, says their sense of community and shared values is to be congratulated, says foreign interference must end and calls for support from other world leaders.Political and media leaders support this stance wholeheartedly. News stories abound, all in support.

(Can you see where I'm going with this?)

A small section of the British people, which happens to live on this mainland, hold parades and marches. They fly the Union Flag and proclaim that they are proud to be British. They demand an end to foreign interference in their country They have have a sense of their own community and shared values. Support for their cause actually extends far beyond the small group directly involved.

Political leaders, media barons, religious leaders, and community pillars of all types and persuasions denounce them as thugs and hooligans, even criminals, whose agenda is one of hatred and division, and must not be tolerated.

Double standards ? Seems to me that if the contrast was any sharper, it would have someone's eye out !!

• Like 3

I think the two are just a little bit different personally. :thumbs:

The Falklanders are telling a Foreign power that is claiming sovereignty to f**k off and mind their own shit hole. What is happening here on the British mainland is a product of our own messed up politics. The issue is with our own politicians, not with a Foreign power just randomly claiming sovereignty.

My point being; it is easy to make two situations sound the same by dissregarding certain facts.........................

Nonetheless, I agree with what you say, just not the way you are saying it.

• Like 1

I think the two are just a little bit different personally. :thumbs:

The Falklanders are telling a Foreign power that is claiming sovereignty to f**k off and mind their own shit hole. What is happening here on the British mainland is a product of our own messed up politics. The issue is with our own politicians, not with a Foreign power just randomly claiming sovereignty.

My point being; it is easy to make two situations sound the same by dissregarding certain facts.........................

Nonetheless, I agree with what you say, just not the way you are saying it.

I'm not saying the two situations are the same. I'm simply pointing out similarities, and highlighting how a small change in one variable (one lives abroad,one doesn't) can make many people blind to those similarities. There will be lots of people who hold both of the opinions that I illustrated, and not see any contradiction.They fail to see the common thread - that's my real point. I don't think I "disregard certain facts" but I take your point, mate.

• Like 1

A VOTE OF THANKS FOR ALL ARE BRAVE SERVICE PERSONAL WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE

LEST WE FORGET

One of them was a fiend of mine, so I'll wholeheartedly endorse this !!

FIEND ???? FRIEND !!!!! Oh my God !!!