Telescopic Rods

Looking for a bit of info on telescopic rods, like are they any good and what one ones would be recommend, concidering getting one for fishing the small hill lochs, cheers folk any help would be appreciated

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no....... if you are serious about fishing, get a multi piece, rather than a telescopic...   ie. something like a Daiwa WIlderness..

i've used the telescopics from decathlon, there alright especially if you have to throw them...

I would imagine there are too many flat spots in the a action to be a serious tool.....can't say as I have never bothered to use one

ive had a few and always end up breaking them as either the tip section wont go in. then trying to force it back and breaking a eye off.

like alrerady said get a travel rod. least it will last. :thumbs:

I got a second hand shimano exage travel rod, you can fish it at 8ft or at 10ft. It comes in a zip top hard tube. About 700mm long. Cant fault it really, I use it for all sorts. Never really thought much of telescopics, I had a few snap off at the butt section when I was a kid, left them alone as an adult.

• Like 1

I got a second hand shimano exage travel rod, you can fish it at 8ft or at 10ft. It comes in a zip top hard tube. About 700mm long. Cant fault it really, I use it for all sorts. Never really thought much of telescopics, I had a few snap off at the butt section when I was a kid, left them alone as an adult.

this is 1 of the best travel rods money can buy ,ive had tarpon barracuda etc .they will handle almost any fish within reason

this is 1 of the best travel rods money can buy ,ive had tarpon barracuda etc .they will handle almost any fish within reason

I left mine on some bellends boat and next time I see him, he was all "sorry" The tip seems to be missing...

Ive sorted the tip now, its just a bit stiffer. I paid £15 for the rod and cant fault it. If I needed another, I`d pay the 60,70 or whatever they want these for it these days. Ive stalked carp with it on the surface and the bottom, cast small dead baits and plugs with it, spun for bass with it. The list goes on. Can`t fault it. Nice short cork handle too.

They are alright for a nipper............... for messing about on a canal or pond........... but to be honest as said before....... the eyes are the first to go............ a telescopic rod wouldn't be my thing................... not for long term use anyway..................... id suggest a 9 or 10ft 2 piece of 3 piece rod...... Atb ;)

Good choice of rod mate...... Diawa do some great gear......... now all you have to do is get a few in the bag. A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at

the office !

is diawa still as popular today hawki ......... It was all the rage in the 80's .....

to me and my mates anyway ...;)