QUESTION ABOUT WALKING A PUP

Guest elstudro1986

Guest elstudro1986

MY pup is getting very well fed i get all the scraps frozen from the butchers so he gets all good fresh meat and its mixed with a little pasta. He also gets baby milk.

he gets 1lb of meat on a morning with a bowl of milk/water 1 part milk 3 parts water

he gets 1lb of meat on an evening with 1 handful of pasta and milk/water 1/2 of each

the problem is i have fed him this way for 4 weeks but he does nt seem to be putting weight on his shoulders or his back end just on his ribs. he gets walked atleast 3-6 miles a day i was wondering am i over walking him and he is burning it all off the tops of his legs or am i just not feeding him enough

my 1 1/2 year old jack russel gets fed less than the pup and he has put on loads of muscle mass on his chest and back end?

thanks in advance

mick

Its a pup whats it need muscle mass for? (what does any dog need visble muscles for?.....rosettes?) How old is it?

Dont push it with it, let it be a puo before you try and turn it into hulk hogan :no::doh:

PS, Snoopdog you could be right :rolleyes:

Edited by Hob&Jill
Guest elstudro1986
Its a pup whats it need muscle mass for? (what does any dog need visble muscles for?.....rosettes?) How old is it?

Dont push it with it, let it be a puo before you try and turn it into hulk hogan :no::doh:

PS, SnoopBITCH you could be right :rolleyes:

dont want it to look big just wondering why its sides were filling out and no where else if you read it propperly

dont want it to look big just wondering why its sides were filling out and no where else if you read it propperly

You say a pup but how old exactly??

your pup being a bull cross will not fill out until it has finished growing they go long and leggy first i think you are feeding to much i expect the pup shits a lot as its not using all its being feed your dog will put on mussel tone but at the moment its growing mine as you saw from the pic in your other post is at 49 kg now at five years old and didn't fill out till he was 10 months old and then it was slowly he reached the size and condition he is in now at about a year and a half

you shouldn't be walking him that far at such an early age his bones are still growing and you will f**k up his legs hips and back cut your walks to ten minutes and play in the garden with him

as you say your Russel is 1 1/2 you can see what I'm saying about filling out at that age if you want the best for you dog cut the walking right down until he is at least 8 months and cut down the food. as for pasta this will just bulk him out (like when you eat to much bread ) he wont be getting any nutritional value from it.

IMO take a step back and slow down with your pup.

I suppose it really depends on how old the pup is..................

it wont muscle up if its still growing will it!..................

I have just looked back through your posts on the 14 of July you posted you had just picked up an 8 week old pup on the 23 July hes now 12 weeks old and you state in the first post that you are going to start lead training him in the house as he hasn't had his jabs then you tell us hes walking 3-6 miles a day I'm sorry but people that tell lies so regularly that they trip themselves up piss me off do yourself a favor and tell us the truth about your dogs then we can give the correct advice you owe it to your dogs to do the best you can by them so stop messing about !!!!

I WAS TRYING NOT TO ANSWER TO THIS ONE B) I THINK SOMBODY SHOULD GIVE HIM SOME ADVICE ABOUT FEEDING PUPS AND EXCERCISING THEM :blink: .....MY 55LB LURCHER DOSENT GET THAT AMOUNT OF FOOD :o AND WHY GIVE A PUP PASTA :blink: ...

:laugh::laugh: @ Snoopdog....

Pasta,.Mama Mia,.don't you know nothing,...this pup is an Italian lurcher,..bred by the Costa Nostra,.. :whistling:

I have just looked back through your posts on the 14 of July you posted you had just picked up an 8 week old pup on the 23 July hes now 12 weeks old and you state in the first post that you are going to start lead training him in the house as he hasn't had his jabs then you tell us hes walking 3-6 miles a day I'm sorry but people that tell lies so regularly that they trip themselves up piss me off do yourself a favor and tell us the truth about your dogs then we can give the correct advice you owe it to your dogs to do the best you can by them so stop messing about !!!!

:clapper: Well said ferret15,come on Mick I can't wait to hear your explanation :whistling:

What this lad needs is an experienced person to go to his place, show him the ropes and generally give him a hand: IF his posts are genuine and honest. :hmm:

We all started somehere once upon a time in ignorance, but this lad needs some serious help or there's going to be a f*cked up dog pretty soon. 3-6 miles a day at 12 weeks old? :doh: You gotta be joking, no?

Elustrudo: if you are genuine and you really want help tell us what area you live in and if you are really sincere in wanting to learn, and I'm sure that someone will be willing to help you.

Edited to add: have you wormed the pup? With a proper good wormer like Drontal Plus, NOT over the counter rubbish. It won't grow properly if it's full of worms no matter how much it eats.

Edited by skycat

oh dear................................................ :haha: :haha: :haha: ..

Billy bullshitters been caught out :wallbash:

If you are a novice...theres no harm in that......why pretent..........everyone started somewhere and genunine advise will be forthcoming.............

get a life son...........................

& If you are road walking a 12 week pup 3-6 miles a day.......................you ought to be ashamed of yourself

Edited by Paul in North Lincs
Guest elstudro1986

here we go again the photos i put on th23rd clearly stating they were off when he was 8 weeks old the post did not say he is currently 8 weeks!!! he has had both his jabs 1st at 8 weeks 2nd at 10- weeks do yous want me to post proof on here???

and the walking is on the local field just an and ill cut down on it. and he was wormed at 6 weeks before i got him and i wormed him again at 10 weeks and the scraps are not raw there boiled and the pasta is only in there cos he shares his bowl with the JRT??

any more complaints???????????????