Most Underrated And Overrated X's

I don't care what people buy it their choice i just wish people would put a bit of consideration before they buy that is all.

Ok, now I see you have started a few " lets see this" and " what do you think about that" type threads........there's many more experienced lads on here than me but for what it's worth my advice would be forget about the cross, get something from a litter where the parents are doing what you want your dog to do.

If you like a particular type, then look for a litter of that type but again, with parents doing what you want your dog to do.

If you feel that, in the event of the ban being lifted, you may want to tackle bigger game then go for a bigger more powerful type of cross of whatever make up with parents that are doing the job

Most of all, go for a cross you can stand to look at and that suits your personality.....nothing worse than having a dog in the kennel you hate and can't get on with.

Don't worry about one thing being better than the other, there are too many variables, as I said before there's only good, mediocre and shite no matter what cross they are

• Like 5

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive got a bull x lurcher , who will listen to commands , hand signals, whistle and retrieves live to hand but will kill a fox (legal here) he will hunt up on command ,ferret , work with terriers or sp

There's no such thing, each dog is an individual not matter what cross and will either be shite, mediocre or good.

Nah, the real ones are still there - just not on the internet like ferkin celebrity wannabe's

I don't care what people buy it their choice i just wish people would put a bit of consideration before they buy that is all.

The decent, proper dog people do.....

Yeah they do but more and more people are getting into the sport thing which don't get me wrong is a good thing its just the less experienced/knowledgeable are the one's that in my opinion are making they mistakes which is understandable and a would guess is the same it a whole range of different sports so its forgivable and at the end of the day its not making any difference to anyone but their lives so we should just leave it their.

Actually - I don't need to justify myself to you. There are people on here, whose opinion I value very highly - like Bunnys, Lapin, Bird, Lanesra etc ( and loads more, far more than I can list ) and if I am following their advice, and guidance, then I am happy that I am doing ok. You can call me old fashioned, but if that is what is best, then go for it. My dogs are happy and healthy. The wannabe dog owners are not good for the sport - but their attention span will rule them out quick enough.

• Like 1

Yeah they do but more and more people are getting into the sport thing which don't get me wrong is a good thing its just the less experienced/knowledgeable are the one's that in my opinion are making they mistakes which is understandable and a would guess is the same it a whole range of different sports so its forgivable and at the end of the day its not making any difference to anyone but their lives so we should just leave it their.

Actually - I don't need to justify myself to you. There are people on here, whose opinion I value very highly - like Bunnys, Lapin, Bird, Lanesra etc ( and loads more, far more than I can list ) and if I am following their advice, and guidance, then I am happy that I am doing ok. You can call me old fashioned, but if that is what is best, then go for it. My dogs are happy and healthy. The wannabe dog owners are not good for the sport - but their attention span will rule them out quick enough.

Nothing wrong with that mate

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with that mate

Thank you

• Like 1

i do think whip/grey are gettin more like greyhounds now when comes to people using them to hunt

wouldnt say they are the best of the best ,,,but when they are on the ball ,,they are fantastic to watch,,,and make some great runs ,,,when they do runs when u think ,no chance and they pull it out the bag

i mind haymins face on here ,,when out ferreting,,and saw young dog pluck one up from a long slip,,,its those slips that stick in yer mind

• Like 1

WeLl i think hancocks are underated i own too and havnt got any faults with them atall people go on about how crap they are and stuff but look at the crap thats being bred every where every ones entitled to what ever dog they want so i dont see why people slag others off if you dont like them dont buy one simple :) its only what you put into the dog to make it how you want it noone can say there dogs the best coz theres allways one better around the corner if your dogs were that good i wouldnt be sticking pictures around the internet beacause it only takes one person to be jelous and there gone

• Like 1

Over rated has to be the saluki(surprised you there then). It's not that they aren't good at the job, its the fact that the way people go on, you'd think they were the only type good at the job.

Under rated I'd say the collie cross. In the right hands and with the right mix, these dogs will do anything you ask from it. They have their traits as do the others.

• Like 2

Ok, now I see you have started a few " lets see this" and " what do you think about that" type threads........there's many more experienced lads on here than me but for what it's worth my advice would be forget about the cross, get something from a litter where the parents are doing what you want your dog to do.

If you like a particular type, then look for a litter of that type but again, with parents doing what you want your dog to do.

If you feel that, in the event of the ban being lifted, you may want to tackle bigger game then go for a bigger more powerful type of cross of whatever make up with parents that are doing the job

Most of all, go for a cross you can stand to look at and that suits your personality.....nothing worse than having a dog in the kennel you hate and can't get on with.

Don't worry about one thing being better than the other, there are too many variables, as I said before there's only good, mediocre and shite no matter what cross they are

so for talking sakes whats a greyhound for ? and say a collie ?

Edited by scottish hare hunter
  • Like 1