Up The Hills. Films Added

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out again yesterday with vin,, nice and early for a change,, not that it made a lot of difference cos after the first warren,, I had a very slow few hours,, with a few deepish digs,, through shale and

Here's a couple of short films,   First warren           And the last one,, a quik bolt for the dog to make the 60 th  

nice result there lads

Out again yesterday with vin,, nice and early for a change,, not that it made a lot of difference cos after the first warren,, I had a very slow few hours,, with a few deepish digs,, through shale and rocks.

The first warren was good to us producing 6, after this we separated and tried to do warrens close by one another,, to maximise our efforts ,, like I say I had a few slow hours whilst vin ,,was rattling them out,,,fecker,,lol

I had a lot of digs yesterday ,,one very frustrating one ,, where after 3 foot of rocks,,,the ferret moved,, doh,,, waited 20 mins ,,, and started digging again,,, lol. But what can you do that's ferreting.

I did get on a few warrens that had some nice steady bolts,, and had a few nice catches by the dog,,, and a good few misses,, by 3 o'clock it was time to call it a day,, I walked down to vin ,, and noticed Molly marking strongly at a hole,, whilst talking to vin,, a rabbit shot out this hole with a stoat riding it like a jockey ,,, as we ran over the stoat must have gone down another hole,,, but the rabbit was sat. Hunched up,, paralysed ,,, I've seen this befor with stoats,, so that went in the bag,,, feck the stoat,, they always nick ours when we leave them for pick up later,,lol

So we had a count up,,,,,, 59. There no way we were ending on that,, so Molly was marking another warren,, no nets ,,, in with the ferret and 2 mins later out bolted the rabbit cought by Molly,, I got this on film,,, along with a few others,,, but I'm struggling with the new format of photobucket,, ile try to get them on later

End the day with an even 60

First warren

ferreing1313001_zpsbc760d2e.jpg

A 40 holer

ferreing1313017_zps51005c26.jpg

Seconds later one bolted from there

ferreing1313018_zpsa0f41a08.jpg

Vin loaded up like a Sherpa ,,lol

ferreing1313020_zpsfca4028f.jpg

ferreing1313023_zps052c6fd8.jpg

Good Stuff Tomo ,no gate nearby?

Cracking stuff i loved that second clip of the 2 where the dog's where waiting for that bolter..good control and team work by the dog's.. :thumbs: ..they sure know there job.. :yes:

Cracking stuff i loved that second clip of the 2 where the dog's where waiting for that bolter..good control and team work by the dog's.. :thumbs: ..they sure know there job.. :yes:

Me also, never took my eyes off the screen, crackin photos n clips lads, pleased for you, :victory:

good vids. i tried to get some of bolting to the dog towards the end and on the last big trip i got a cracking shot of a course then the rabbit ran through a gap in a T join on a wall, and the dog body slammed the wall and im suprised she didnt bruise herself or break a rib, then her head came back out the gap with a back leg in her mouth :D i tell you one good course and adrenaline rush like that makes my week, i love it. she also wouldnt come away from that bury while we were finishing ferreting one nearby, she was marking it true and before her marking has been here and there.

just after i filmed that i dropped the camera in a f***ing wood while beating it through, gutted more about the pics of previous trips and vids etc on the memory card that i hadnt put on the comp yet than the camera.

Roll on September! :cray: