Price V Thompson

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cracking post there Borderscot.....i totally agree about Jim Watt... to take the title off a big name of the day,defend it a few times before losing to one of the greats......you cant ask for much mor

Well known dog in the ,s in some circles ....think there was a lot of dogs called Hagler same as years later there were lots of dogs called Tyson Terry didnt just change my thinking i doubt there w

Thats so true mate....having been around gyms and supposedly tough hard men all these years nobody ever left an impression on me like this caring gentle old man did............i wont bore yous with th

I think tbh to many of us fell for the hype that is david price including myself but to watch that fight and how he couldnt recover just shows it was all hype from the yanks.now sit back and watch fury do the job.i wreckon fury would stop thompson in about 6th round

A short right delivered by an experienced exponent of the noble art to the area around the lower lobe can be just as devastating as a shot to the jaw as the injury sustained would verify , the nervous system and balance control runs through this area , Nothing ever surprises me in boxing nor do i jump to assumptions , i could waffle on about Similar situations name fighters who lost came back etc etc. comparisons are worth less , Thomson came to work. His job was done his reactions on winning told me everything i need to know , !!

Edited by gonetoearth

Using the old " burst eardrum " excuse is just as embarrassing as Haye using a broken toe as an excuse........getting your eardrum burst DOES NOT make your legs immediately do a silly dance he got tagged with a half hearted shot and it went to his boots theres no pretty way to dress that up....but thats heavyweight boxing it happens.........we are far too quick in this country to write fighters off theres no reason he still cant reach the top of the sport expecially when the division is as weak as it currently is........my concern with Price would be his reason for coming into fights so raw he,s a heavyweight he can come in at what weight he likes but continues to seem to want to come in looking like he,s drawn down to make weight.......that small extra % of weight is what you count on in the later rounds of tough fights and just might of given him that little bit extra to of withstood that shot the other night........not only that he,s a huge guy look at his frame....maybe he does it to keep his speed and workrate high.......but if your core strength is not there you have to compensate.....and by the state of him after taking a pretty average clip his core strength is certainly not what it should be.

• Like 1

The old burst ear drum has not been used as an excuse , that was the result of the impact no one is making any excuses he was beaten fair and sqaure like ive said earlier this just might make him only time will tell , the balance on strenth work and retaing weight. While being in peak condition is another matter.

Edited by gonetoearth

A short right delivered by an experienced exponent of the noble art to the area around the lower lobe can be just as devastating as a shot to the jaw as the injury sustained would verify , the nervous system and balance control runs through this area ,

Well whats that got to do with it then................put 100 fighters in a room and very few of them will not have had a burst eardrum at some stage it still doesnt stop you standing up...............to his credit in his post fight interview he didnt use any excuse.......yet today on the radio he,s calling it " a freak punch " ....yet also stating he,s done it plenty of times before as have all fighters !!................ok he,s probably saying that on the advice of others......but just like Haye should of done you dont play on that kind of stuff.

I actually feel sorry for the lad he,s being swept along with bullshit ....all that drums carry on in the ring with the national anthems for a novice pro setting out :blink: .....its all unnecessary pressure his pride will of been hurt far more than the punches hurt........this will slow his career down now which as you say might just do him a favour.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Come on gnash we both know who is behind all the shite the little fella , lets see what devellops in the coming months , stalker had a good bout although against modest opposition think domestic honors may be his limit though i hope he proves me wrong york hall still throws up a good atmosphere one of the last old venunes had some good nites there.

Come on gnash we both know who is behind all the shite the little fella , lets see what devellops in the coming months , stalker had a good bout although against modest opposition think domestic honors may be his limit though i hope he proves me wrong york hall still throws up a good atmosphere one of the last old venunes had some good nites there.

And by the way.....what was Charlie Richardsons old scrap yard doing sponsoring the event :icon_eek: ....couldnt believe that when i saw the ring apron !!

Cant beat York Hall......still a proper old school boxing venue where you,ll find knowledgable silent crowds as opposed to rowdy kids out for a football style sing song...................

Anyway off to The Boleyn............if the yids dont respect the Bobby Moore tribute tonight there might be a few more busted ear drums :D .....Au revoir :thumbs:

• Like 3

Well what can be said for David Price?

IMO it certainly is not the end of his career, a chink in his armour was definitely exposed! Call it a punch in the ear or what ever you like, the fact of the matter is he can't hold a punch very well! He's not the first and certainly won't be the last too be exposed as being a little chinny.

All these comparisons to Lennox being blasted out by McCall and Rahman are bullish!t as the punches that took Lennox out would of took anyone out! They were huge punches that Lennox stepped onto. Lennox also took big punches off other big hitters during his career and stood up to them, this on the other hand was the first punch Price has been hit cleanly with and it was NOT a decent punch yet he folded.

It doesn't mean the end of the world for him, but he's going to have to prove himself now against live opponents for anyone to take him seriously. If I was him I'd get straight back in there with Thompson! Thompson isn't any better an opponent for beating Price, he's still ripe for the taking and if the truth be told he never was ever really that good. I used to watch him years back on Cedric Kushners Heavyweight explosion cards. There's all this talk about him facing Vlad twice but they were not credible performances IMO. But by beating the man that beat him Price can try and put some of the doubts about his validity as a professional athlete and as a fighter too bed. If he's serious about being world champ then he needs to take the bull by the horns and make a bit of a statement. Fighting some bloke who needs a few quid for the pub isn't going to cut it, so it's all up to him.

• Like 2