Price V Thompson

What do you make of that channel AFT ? been a bit dissapointing really ive spoke to a few people about it most say the same......thought they would be showing a few more fights from the ages...shame really.

Yeah it is a bit cheaply put together and they have shown some decent bouts from the past, but I agree it is a bit of a let down in that they seem to spin the same stuff all to often.

In saying that its always on in this house lol.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cracking post there Borderscot.....i totally agree about Jim Watt... to take the title off a big name of the day,defend it a few times before losing to one of the greats......you cant ask for much mor

Well known dog in the ,s in some circles ....think there was a lot of dogs called Hagler same as years later there were lots of dogs called Tyson Terry didnt just change my thinking i doubt there w

Thats so true mate....having been around gyms and supposedly tough hard men all these years nobody ever left an impression on me like this caring gentle old man did............i wont bore yous with th

Floyd missed that rivalry with PacMan. Now Manny is looking towards the end of his career and coming off two losses I doubt we'll ever see it now.

I think it would of been a bit of a manufactured rivalry really......not to take away from Paquiaos achievements through the weights but had they met i think Mayweather would of dealt with him quite comfortably.

Proud Kilimanjaro theres a name from the past.....he was lined up to fight Lennox till it was discovered he had aids !!!.....Think he died of it not long after.

Wilf a good friend of mines son is fighting at York Hall towards the end of March he,s a good little unbeaten prospect i,ll have a handful of tickets your welcome to a couple i remember you was asking a good while back ;)

That would be great, I would love that mate.....send me a pm and let me know what they got to come to, but put me down for a couple if you don't mind
i missed the rivalary very bad mad who for i had to retire through the sunburn i got id have taken pacman.oh well.

Of course i remember him......but whats he got to do with this thread :blink: .................and as for what Floyd said................well what did he say i still cant work it out :D

Never thought too highly of Pacheco myself........cant see how you become an expert boxing pundit having never taken a punch,and making a career off the back of someone else well thats just wrong.......always thought he sounded like a bit of a dick really.

Of course i remember him......but whats he got to do with this thread :blink: .................and as for what Floyd said................well what did he say i still cant work it out :D

Never thought too highly of Pacheco myself........cant see how you become an expert boxing pundit having never taken a punch,and making a career off the back of someone else well thats just wrong.......always thought he sounded like a bit of a dick really.

Saying that I did like the Ian Darke and Glenn McCrory duo on sky. I thought them pair were good.

exacty gnash it was sarcasm as bunce it no better keep up

Arry capinter or was ir reg gutteridge got hit in the bonce by a flying pint of larger prob piss and said that maybe the death of boxing in the uk. Lol Minter was prone to cuts gnash but he was just out gunned by a better boxer who went on to be come a legend , tony sibson was on that bill was he not

Quite possibly i cant remember now.....i might be wrong but i think Sibson was the only man to ever stop Minter in all his losses,he had a good chin he just opened up too easy.

Hagler would have to be in any top 10 all time greats list one of the only fighters i ever saw who just had no weakness to his game at all.

The top10 all time greats or the top 10 middleweight greats ? I don,t want to seem to criticise him , Hagler was a great fighter ,but the stand out names on his record are Leanard , Duran and Hearns , two of them were blown up welters and the other a blown up lightweight , truly great fighters all of them , but none of them natural middleweights .

It was a golden period for boxing , but there was a dearth of natural middles , not Haglers fault you cann only fight whats about , and he did clear up the division ,

To be considered an all time great ( to me ) he would have had to win a title at another weight , like the other 3 mentioned ,who all moved up to lightheavy despite being naturally smaller/ lighter ( maybe Hearns was an exception ).

Great fighter but not an alltime great for me .

• Like 1

Arry capinter or was ir reg gutteridge got hit in the bonce by a flying pint of larger prob piss and said that maybe the death of boxing in the uk. Lol Minter was prone to cuts gnash but he was just out gunned by a better boxer who went on to be come a legend , tony sibson was on that bill was he not

Quite possibly i cant remember now.....i might be wrong but i think Sibson was the only man to ever stop Minter in all his losses,he had a good chin he just opened up too easy.

Hagler would have to be in any top 10 all time greats list one of the only fighters i ever saw who just had no weakness to his game at all.

The top10 all time greats or the top 10 middleweight greats ? I don,t want to seem to criticise him , Hagler was a great fighter ,but the stand out names on his record are Leanard , Duran and Hearns , two of them were blown up welters and the other a blown up lightweight , truly great fighters all of them , but none of them natural middleweights .

It was a golden period for boxing , but there was a dearth of natural middles , not Haglers fault you cann only fight whats about , and he did clear up the division ,

To be considered an all time great ( to me ) he would have had to win a title at another weight , like the other 3 mentioned ,who all moved up to lightheavy despite being naturally smaller/ lighter ( maybe Hearns was an exception ).

Great fighter but not an alltime great for me .

Good fair point that.

Wow thats an interesting outlook Buttercup....and certainly worth thinking about.......i was referring to middleweights,personally id put him maybe 4th or 5th of all time.........The reason id put him as an all time great is because he beat other all time great fighters.......what you say could be said about any of the other 3.......ok Leonard beat Benitez but regardless of how many titles you win in other divisions ultimately its the opponent in front of you that makes the accomplishment......had Hagler moved up and beat the likes of Barklay,Kinchen,Lalonde,Dennis Andries etc ( very average champions ) like the others did.....would it of made him an all time great then ?

As you probably remember Leonard and Hearns were in a race to become the first 5 weight world champion which yes is some achievement.....but when the opposition is probably inferior to your own division that quest for breaking records became more of a goal than fighting and beating the best around......It could never be said Hagler ducked anybody and everything he achieved he did so the hard way.................only my opinion of course :thumbs:

Saying that I did like the Ian Darke and Glenn McCrory duo on sky. I thought them pair were good.

I liked the Reg Gutteridge/Jim Watt combination myself i thought they was great together a blend of entertainment knowledge and experience............Bit before our time but my ol fella always said Eammon Andrews was a great boxing commentator.

• Like 1

Bernard Hopkins at middleweight. He had skills and such and did unify the titles but it was pretty dead at middleweight throughout his reign. Some of his true middle opponents were pretty awful and were not even world class in some cases. Yet the Yanks screamed and shouted about him, saying he's a great middleweight.

I liked the Reg Gutteridge/Jim Watt combination myself i thought they was great together a blend of entertainment knowledge and experience............Bit before our time but my ol fella always said Eammon Andrews was a great boxing commentator.

Yeah Reg and Jim done the first Tyson vs Holyfield fight. Good combo them I agree.