Bsa Ultra Swap For Rws Excalibre ?

I am just wondering weather this would be worth doing?

Some one on the forum has offerd me a

Rws Excalibre swap for my BSA Ultra

My ultra is tench regulated and moderated, with a moderator and bipod fitted and is a .177

The RWS is just standard i think he has not mentiond much about it, all i know is it is a RWS excalibre and he said he has it up for sale at £400.

Can any one help me out here, i can't seem to find much on the net about the RWS.

I think the gun has a few name ,but it is an fx2000 .I have an fx gun [ not a fx2000 ] that I like .I dont like bsa much .If your gun is shooting correctly ,regulated and 177, that is as good as it gets I feel .If the rws is 22 I would not swop .I would also think the rws is not regulated [not the end of the world] .I suspect the rws has better build quality and looks better .If your gun is operating correctly I may not swap .BUT I DONT LIKE BSA MUCH and a nice shiny fx .

The RWS rifle is much like the Webley PC the stock has two cut outs for the bolt to index into. A well made gun but has its weaknesses plus its not a carbine compared to a BSA Ultra its a long rifle. secondhand they ask silly prices for them.in my opinion I would stay clear of them but that is just my feelings about the gun :hmm:

I wouldn't swap a Tench regged Ultra mate, not now anyway. I did once and swapped one for a HW100T and really regretted it :yes: .

The HW100 T accurate as it was was not any improvement on the regged Ultra and it was also too long for my liking. I now have a HW100KT which suites me much better.

A Ultra takes some beating mate and if its regged you get ample shots for either HFT or hunting.

Please let us know how you get on mate.

Si.

Edited by zini
  • Like 1

Id swap any day, had both and the excalibure has miles better build quality and looks. Excalibure has double the shot count and multishot too. Accuracy wise my standard excalibure is silly accurate but cant comment on a regged ultra.

Have a try then decide :thumbs: I know ultras have a good following and rightly so but the excalibure is also a fantastic gun.

hmmm :hmm: apart from accuracy why?

I can understand its compact for shooting from 4x4 but excalibure is more than accurate enough as standard has more shots per fill (75 in sweet spot sub 12) and multishot (7) mine is nearly pellet on pellet at 40 yd. had it for 6 years of abuse in all weathers and no rust It has only had fill probe seal changed since I owned it too.

not biast honest :)

Its your decision but must admit ultra is good too, but excalibure is a also a thing of bueaty and accuracy is more than enough, but if you swap you will also inherit a condition that will cause you to be scared of scratching your gun :laugh:

A regged Ultra will give you 65 to 75 accurate shots in .177 if filled to 250 bar and not 232 like BSA advise on a out the box model.

Tench told me with a reg fitted a 250 bar fill is better.

Regarding accuracy of a Ultra I am 99% sure that if its filled correctly 190 to 200 bar none regged and you have done your pellet testing correctly. If you shoot it correctly it will match a rifle 2 to 3 times its cost.

BSA barrels are amongst some of the best on the market mate.

Not used your RWS rifle but know the capability of a Ultra mate and for me if I was told I could only have 1 pcp and 1 springer it would be a Ultra SE and a HW97KT tuned at SFS.

Edited by zini