Young Hunters How Old We're You ?

What's age were you lads when you started hunting whatever it was ferreting,lamping,shooting etc my sons nearly 2 now and I can't wait to get him out.i had my first taste of it when I was introduced to ferreting at the age if 9. Let's get some pictures of our young ones enjoying there sport they are the future of our loved sport !

hunting wasn't in my family new few neighbors at it where i got my first lurcher off them at eleven been at hunting shooting now since with them an absolutely love it and have my young lad into it as well,, 5 he is

photo of him at the clay's on Saturday with a mate of mine....

post-83234-0-47059800-1361309818.jpg

• Like 4

Got invited out one day with two locals, I was 11 they had lurcher I had a straight collie didn't have a clue what was going on. They had plenty slips no joy. My collie was a slim racey thing that I used for sheep. Had her off lead she did 2 bunnys and a hare (preban), mother made me get rid due to her shiting in house all time.don't talk to the bitch much any more ;)

I was 5 my grandad was a gamekeeper and was out with him down the wood shooting squizzers and rats with his old side by side hammer 410 trapping foxes and corvids and watched him and helped or interfierd depending on how you see it with the rearing feeding of the birds and digging foxes with the terriers flushing them to gun or dogs. Brings back some great memories and one day hope to follow in his footsteps.

My Dad was into wildfowling & rough shooting. So I was oit freezing me nuts off sat on a marsh from about 7/8 used to love it. Just the time spent with me Dad.

Always told me about ferreting, when he was younger so I took an interest. Got ferret when was 15 . And got out when I could, often walking miles for nothing.

When I was 16 I got a moped & there was no stopping me.

Then came the snares traps longnets, when I got a car at 17. Got introduced to me dads mate at 16. Who was a lurcherman, was reLly into it & bagged myself a few nights out. Looked after the mans dogs when he went holidays etc... Lamped with hin till I was 19/20

Got first dog of my own at 18, a brindle grey x saluli x whippet. Broke my spirit that dog, at only 14 month his working days came to an end. Remember his first roebuck, well before the ban.

Since then, its been dogs dogs dogs. Ferrets snares etcc lost interest. Had 5 dogs, the first one I mentioned.

The second did a dissapearing act on the lamp. She was promising bitch, first few nights out, done well, then she just stopped listening & did her own thing.

Along came flint, a deerhound, he put away masses of venison, take him on the rabbits, he would run 3or 4 then get bored. He got killed in by a Fallow buck , a very big fallow buck, no antlers but a whopping size. Could of been red stag, im not 100%

And I still have the 4th & 5th dogs.

Im nearly 26 now :thumbs:

I was out hunting before I was born :icon_eek: ..... When I was in my old dears belly she was out with my old man helping him with ferreting jobs and fox control on the local farms ... I had a break when I was born for about three years lol ... then the old fella had me out in the field fairly regularly ... He reckoned I spent more time lipping in the back of the van than I did stood on grass at that young age but I was out and about and it kept me off the streets lol ............

About 6, ferreting and lamping, with my dads best mate ( he was like a 2nd dad to me) was at his house every weekend and as I got older he would pick me up from youth club disco on a Friday night with the lamp, dog and my old clothes and the weekend would begin again... Loads of good memories, when I got my first car would be out all the time, but got into other things and drifted out of it for a good few years... Just didn't have the time for dogs etc... The bug never goes though and love it more than ever again now, take my lad who's seven and my girl comes out on short trips, she's five... I hope they continue with it as they grow...

• Like 2