Just Been Raped By A Vet!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

£ 55 ain't that bad,, considering its Sunday,, they charge for there time,, and the drugs they sold ya,,, pants down would have been £ 100 plus.   Just noticed your from yorkshire,,,, short arms and

Threads like this always make me chuckle, 7 years at university working your nuts off to become a vet and some clown expects them to come to work, on a Sunday , save their cherished animal and do it a

Your not realy serriouse are you ? 55 is feck all

Posted Images

unless the dog needs a drip theres very little that can be done to treat it other than what you have been doing, if the dogs fit and healthy it stands a good chance of recovery, the quicker it will take some bland food the better. It seems that somache viruses are rife at the minute, its very hard to treat a virus directly only the symptoms abit like the manflu ive got at the minute :laugh:

unless the dog needs a drip theres very little that can be done to treat it other than what you have been doing, if the dogs fit and healthy it stands a good chance of recovery, the quicker it will take some bland food the better. It seems that somache viruses are rife at the minute, its very hard to treat a virus directly only the symptoms abit like the manflu ive got at the minute :laugh:

Agree. Keep him warm, keep going with the fluids and a light diet when he will take it.

And the same for you Paulus - although I am not syringing honey into your mouth !

Agree. Keep him warm, keep going with the fluids and a light diet when he will take it.

And the same for you Paulus - although I am not syringing honey into your mouth !

fook honey carling works better.......honest :D

Agree with above, try to get some food into him.

Boiled chicken (in packets from shop for convenience)

White Rice (again, can be got in microwave pouches for convenience)

Tinned Fish (Mackeral fillets in oil, drained)

Scrambled egg

If he will eat but not drink (like my bitch) then microwave the rice and then cool with 1/4 pint cold water, add a few pieces of chicken or fish and he SHOULD gobble the lot down, meal and drink in one. Worked for me, i was doing this 3 times a day for a few days.

Gaz

one thing i have found in the past, if its gastro or ecoli, if you get to the stage where they are keeping food down, and are starting fluids as well, when they start feeding, mix in a tablespoonfull of natural yoghurt into the food, it helps greatly to promote the good gut bacteria and assists in re balancing the gut back to normal.

All advice on here seems on the money to be fair, and the manuka honey part is 100% correct. A mate of mine 's dog had a flesh wound, took to vets, stiched up, dog pulled stitches out asap, he started dressing the wound with manuka honey, he told me himself, he's never seen a wound heal so fast, ever, and he's had working dogs for decades.

Hope your dog pulls through ok mate, sounds like he's turned the corner.

Regards

B