Lynperry whippets

anyone ever owned one of these whippet or know anything of them, any good for rabbiting?

http://freespace.virgin.net/goy.roper/lynperry/

I have a 3 quarter whippet quater grey from lynperry blood, the sire is on his web page called totty.. he can hunt jump kill and carry :thumbs: very fast , very good busher he can use his nose better than some terriers ive seen, exellent marker and bang on with the stinkers in all im very pleased with the dog forgot to mention a cracking dog on the lamp to boot.

Contact this "Lynperry" guy and ask how many courses his dogs won in the official Whippet Coursing Club; 135 years of breeding !! Yeah !!

Cheers.

I take it(reading between the lines)you're not keen then Chartpolski. :whistling:

Contact this "Lynperry" guy and ask how many courses his dogs won in the official Whippet Coursing Club; 135 years of breeding !! Yeah !!

Cheers.

I think the question chartpolki was are they any good at rabbiting :yes: i can only speak as i find chart and i find my dog would take some beating :yes:

Cheers.

I think the question chartpolki was are they any good at rabbiting :yes: i can only speak as i find chart and i find my dog would take some beating :yes:

I have this dog.Has Sooty sam 3 generations back.No hyped up breeder web page.Cracking working day/night.Good snap dog,Had hours of sport.Has 4 litters due around Aug-Sept 3 ped 1 non-ped not sure how many have been spoken for.And previous litters proving themself well.A dog is what you make it.Breeding is only one of the tools,not a guarantee for a working dog.But from what I have heard of LYNPERRY so far they are good workers.Not heard of any bad comments of the strain.

I have Personaly witnessed Lynprry dogs win several courses at EAWCC before the ban and they are still winning courses at the new East Anglia Whippet country club.

they make very good working dogs (day/night) do ok at racing but lack the top speed on the whole.

Give Paul a ring you'll get straight trouthfull answers.

• 2 weeks later...

The best way to find out is to get out and see the dam or sire work .. There are plenty of other breeders out there so don't go for the first thing.. Don't take too much notice of the whippet breeders, they are always blowing smoke up each other's arses.

Try this site: www.k9community.co.uk

If you are just wanting a dog for work, go for a non ped. Best of luck finding something..

Edited by devonlad
  • 14 years later...

Can anyone send me details of Paul Korkey (Lyn Perry whippets) please to my personal email address which is susanjones33@live.co.uk 

This is because I bought a dog off of him before and the dog has just passed away so I would like to surprise the hubby with a new dog. 

many thanks and kindest regards, 

susan jones

10 hours ago, Susan jones said:

Can anyone send me details of Paul Korkey (Lyn Perry whippets) please to my personal email address which is susanjones33@live.co.uk 

This is because I bought a dog off of him before and the dog has just passed away so I would like to surprise the hubby with a new dog. 

many thanks and kindest regards, 

susan jones

Sorry about your dog Susan, and hope you get sorted