Mk3 Not Giving The Right Reading

Join the fecking club,,,, You see I don't get that attitude about, it's ok it's in the right spot, but an 8 foot reading is actually about 5 ,, vins the same... But what if it was actually 6 foot and deeper,,,it wouldn't read the depth,,, that's my gripe with the fecking thing.

I actually took my old mk1 the other day,,, and as soon as we had found on the search mode on the mk3,,, I got the old grey box out,,, to find exactly how deep.

Join the fecking club,,,, You see I don't get that attitude about, it's ok it's in the right spot, but an 8 foot reading is actually about 5 ,, vins the same... But what if it was actually 6 foot and deeper,,,it wouldn't read the depth,,, that's my gripe with the fecking thing.

I actually took my old mk1 the other day,,, and as soon as we had found on the search mode on the mk3,,, I got the old grey box out,,, to find exactly how deep.

Oh. I didn't know that the older ones measure the depth better :huh: I'd have thought they'd have improved things with newer models not gone backwards :blink:

I have 2 of the mk3 boxes.. . and after our trip out the other day I got the spare out and compared them.. the one we were using Tomo was miles out !

So I got the screwdriver out and removed the 4 screws and I sussed out the large long magnet/ariel was snapped.. I telephoned deben and went online,filled out a returns slip and sent it off yesterday afternoon.."they phoned me an hour ago and told me what i already knew,and charged me £35 + 6 postage and assured me it would be as good as new and returned by tommorow.. I think thats a reasonable price and a great service. . they are also going to send me the damaged part..So I will post you all some pics for future reference.

I always thought the readings were a little bit over exagerated on the gauge..So when I get it back I cant wait to see what its supposed to be like in reality.

I will say this though Tomo...its bloody great when you get a 5ft mark and its only 2ft in reality...heheeee. especially with my glass back..lol.

in locate mine will only pick up at around four foot.and the search will only pick up at 7 foot what if it was a little deeper it would not read atal.what way is the best to contact deben email or phone thanks digger

in locate mine will only pick up at around four foot.and the search will only pick up at 7 foot what if it was a little deeper it would not read atal.what way is the best to contact deben email or phone thanks digger

Thats not right at all I would call them, far better than email.

I have got used to the box being out, a 3ft dig is closer to 2ft, at least its not the other way round.

My Mk3 is a bit out until i get down to pin pointing in the last 2 feet or so. It seems to be approx 1 ft out ie if its reading 5ft the ferret is approx 4ft away. The only issue i had with mine was i left the locator on for a few weeks and it wouldn't work at all so i changed the battery and still nothing happened. I left it in my pocket switched off for an hour or so and then tried it again and thankfully it was fine. Don't know why it wasn't working after being left on for a few weeks, maybe due to something overheating as during that time it would have been searching for a signal. I was going to give Deben a call about it.