• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been having a dabble at baking just recently , & todays job was a sponge cake , am going to try pastry next week , maybe an apple pie  

i also had a go at a shortbread & caramel cake as well last week , but its quite long winded to do , the results were good though

you should see my spotted dick

Posted Images

you should try a clootie dumpling,mind you lab would be at your door greedy b*****d lol

ive a cpl of wee scottish cook books my maw left here.if you want them you can have them :thumbs:

Thanks Scott that would be lovely , i will have to look up them dumplings i did some one here in a stew but i made the balls to big & it spread over the sides of the pan & put the gas out :laugh::laugh:

lol its not a dumpling for stews its a sweet one. there no big books but full of traditional scottish cooking.a lot of game recipes aswell as sweets and stuff. ill send them down no prob to you :thumbs: there just gathering dust in the cupboard anyway

Is the sponge raspberry or strawberry?? Cushty with a cup of scowdy.

the jams blackcurrant its all i had i think a traditional Victoria sponge is supposed to have raspberry jam in it, tastes nice though :yes:

lol its not a dumpling for stews its a sweet one. there no big books but full of traditional scottish cooking.a lot of game recipes aswell as sweets and stuff. ill send them down no prob to you :thumbs: there just gathering dust in the cupboard anyway

Thanks very much Scott I will sort the p&p with you :thumbs:

nah your ok kay.i dont think a couple stamps will break the bank.just pm me your adress and ill send em down start of week

btw what the hell is scowdy lol

Ok will do Scott :thumbs: