At My Wits End With Choosing A Scope!

Hi all, As said i am at my its end :huh: I have a budget of around £700 and shoot foxes under the lamp at 200 yrds and less with a cz brno .223. Having done alot of searching, the main answer seems to be a s&b 8x56. However ive also been advised that for the same sort of money i could pick up a second hand schmidt (30mm tube) i could pick up a reasonable leupold of possibly for a tad more a Zeiss Duralyt. To make matters worse i really like the look of the Schmidt 2,5-10x56 30mm :doh: granted it means putting a little more money in as finding one of these secend hand seems thus far, impossible. I am also going to the shooting show on sunday and plan to have a look through them all there but what would you go for? :hmm:

Your opinions would be much appreciated

Cheers

look for second hand quality scopes, like you have mentioned,

or check out the zesis conquest range also to save a few quid,

most of the better known brand named scopes won't let you down, but take a look at a few on friends rifles etc.

to find out what eye relief suits you, and take it from there,

i use a leupold LR/T mk4 6.5x20x50 M1

cannot fault it for everything i use it for, deer, fox, targets,

Snap.

I have just bought a new Ziess 3-12x50 scope for £650 and its a great scope the cross hair is in the second plain so no matter what happens it is always in focus and I think the iluminated version was only another couple hundred quid I say look no further! You also get a life time garuntee, I needed new eye pieces for a set of Ziess bino's I bought second hand and there was no quibbling they just asked for the model and my address, no serial or receipt numbers or money nice and easy they arrived in a couple of days fantastic service.

Scopes, ah, the joy of what where how. I use a few different ones but I use a Meopta on my hunting rifle. I was out the other week after fallow. They didn't show. But we were sat as it got darker and darker. I lost my crosshairs before I lost the light. So I am now going to change to an illuminated Meopta 3-12x56.

They are very good for the price. A friend of mine who sells them has sold them to a bloke who thought it was better than his S&B. but I do not know which model S&B he had.

Welcome to confused.com

• Like 1