So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

20160608_094626_zpse37h3uie.jpg

Peas are doing ok.

The sweetcorn seems to be shooting up now

20160608_094648_zpsa1wst2ay.jpg

Some of the sweetcorn have got three stems,should I leave them for extra corn or do they hinder the plant like side shoots on toms?

• Like 1

:laugh: slugs will do that ! Despite diesel ( both colours ! ), gravel, pellets, sticky tape, hair, honey traps, beer traps, chickens, night time picking and a dozen other repellents, they still attack the PT in wave after wave of unrelenting slug-ness to eat the seedlings, leaves and fruit. I am thinking about a dry, gravel filled, diesel soaked, moat around the PT and the veg plot.

• Like 2

20160608_094640_zpsl3mpio79.jpg

My onions tips went pale so I fed them and it went away, they are doing it again now?

what did you feed them ?

Just some pound shop vegetable food, is it dolff or something like that.

20160608_094640_zpsl3mpio79.jpg

My onions tips went pale so I fed them and it went away, they are doing it again now?

what did you feed them ?

Just some pound shop vegetable food, is it dolff or something like that.

only ask as my shallots look the same only much worse. Might be too late but I have a big barrel of nettle tea will give it a whirl

Joking apart. Looking not bad for you which I actually envy. My allotment is looking Fcking brill but the dreaded brown moth has once again hit my onions. When you see my pics you'll feel for me. Good garden Terry.

Going back to Lara. The diesel swipe defo works. They cannot cross. Just as an aside, going back to something in the old brain box, Jeyes Fluid. Might be worth a go. Then the submerged pots of beer with about 2 inches above the surface?? Latest problem I have is ants in my peas. Shits really had a go so new rows and loads of powder. Trouble being the powder gets wet and not so good. Next problem is the cabbage white which is now everywhere. Keep all the brassicas covered. Then ,when your guard is down , them sneaky little white and greenfly arrive. You've wire worm at your spuds to really piss you off and all this while the weeds say you must try harder. Pigeons are giving me grief as well. Cats are scratching in all the best soft soil to deficate. Why the fck do we keep allotments? CAUSE WE LOVE THEM. Jok.

Made this herb bed out some decking lengths must be 2 year ago this summer, it's the only time I've successfully grown mint ,lol

But I planted this loveage herb and its really took off there's some wasabi behind it somewhere lol

image.jpg1_zpskkcqxhd3.jpg

And I've now beaten down old dog kennel/shed that was rotten the wifes big pet rabbit was living in there in a barrel and the shed had a pop hole with the chicken house an small run just down from it, so moved the chicken house into the middle rabbit barrel underneath hen house and hens are now to fat to go over the fence,I got 6 barnevelder hens 4 ordinary an 2 blue pic of 2 of the nosier ones.

image.jpg2_zpszknmfhca.jpg

• Like 2