Six Nations Championship 2013

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The kids are ready, they've made their flags. C'MON WALES !!!!

Some of this banter is more light hearted than other bits, but anyone who does not passionately want their own country to win needs a kick up the arse. I would never knock anyone for believing in thei

Posted Images

at least the slam is coming home...............cant mess it up now lol

Have they printed the Tshirts yet? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It's been a long time since 2003

Yes. :hmm: Remind me what happened in that year, my memory is a little hazy............... :tongue2: :tongue2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEzWg-6Zyashttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEzWg-6Zyas

I dnt thin I ever seen a rugby match haha my best mukka plays bit of club rugby in Wales after readin the comment he must b mad bein English, I bet on Scotland for the win/crown they had good odds think it was like 30/1 ten dwn be good return if they did it but by readin dont sound good haha

Right chaps predictions for this week?

Iam going with Wales, England, and I have not a clue, it's just too close to call between Ireland and France. But I will Plump for France. Your thoughts please.

TC

Edited to add: Just read that Michalak is outside half for the game against the Irish. The Irish back row will have a field day on him, so it could be a good day for the irish boys.

Edited by tiercel

If Wales have anywhere near the amount of possession and territory Ireland did against Scotland I don't think we'll lose. Ireland just don't finish line break or set-piece moves at the moment without fumbling the ball. Wales are a lot more efficient at that. They only had two real chances to break Italy's defence in pretty bad playing conditions the other weekend and put them both away fairly simply. Then again, Wales had a lot of possession and a lot territory against Ireland in the opening match, but still lost so I accept possession/territory aren't always crucial.

I can't see Scotland posing much of an attacking threat to Wales defence either. Wales haven't conceded a try for about the last 200 minutes of rugby, so are back to near old form of defensive play. I don't think Scott and Lamont work well together at centre at the moment and they don't release the likes of Hogg, Visser and Maitland. Visser is only a threat when he is on the receiving end of a great pass in open space or on the end of a set piece move. Hogg poses the most threat because he gets involved all over the park and cuts some great angles.

I fancy Ireland to pip a tight a tight game against France, the Irish are always difficult to beat at the Aviva and will be kicking themselves after having so much of the game against Scotland and not winning. The French did well against England and will be bouyed by that performance but they still look lost at 10 especially once they changed Trinh-duc and for the life of me can't see why they've gone back to Michalak.

In Sundays game I can't see nothing other than a English win they're looking real strong at the moment, England will be looking to score plenty of points so they can go into the game against us with the added incentive of not losing the 6 nations even if we beat them.

Good luck to all the nations. :victory:

CYMRU AM BYTH !!!

• Like 2

That is a pretty astute summery of where the nations are at, at the moment JB. Regards Lamont at centre, he is not a centre he is a winger and thinks like a winger, I have a feeling that Wales will target him with dummy runners. That said, if he does get to run some angles with his speed and power he could be a handfull for any defence. I really hope that it is a good open game. May the best team win (as long as it is Wales ;) )

TC

That is a pretty astute summery of where the nations are at, at the moment JB. Regards Lamont at centre, he is not a centre he is a winger and thinks like a winger, I have a feeling that Wales will target him with dummy runners. That said, if he does get to run some angles with his speed and power he could be a handfull for any defence. I really hope that it is a good open game. May the best team win (as long as it is Wales ;) )

TC

I just think we'll be too strong for them in the last quarter, Alun-Wyn back in the second row and Warburton aswell should give us a more physical presence both in defence and attack against what is a very physical Scottish 8. We'll need to vary the lineouts has Gray and Hamilton are great at pinching/disrupting throws, our scrum worked really well against Italy and I expect it to be strong again. Both teams have got a bit of confidence after recent results so I'm hoping it'll be a open entertaining game which ultimately will suit us. :victory:

• Like 1

at least the slam is coming home...............cant mess it up now lol

Have they printed the Tshirts yet? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It's been a long time since 2003
Yes. :hmm: Remind me what happened in that year, my memory is a little hazy............... :tongue2: :tongue2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEzWg-6Zyashttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEzWg-6Zyas

I like to remember Scott Gibbs in 1999 :laugh: ......

• Like 1