Six Nations Championship 2013

Is it just me or do others think that Mr J Roberts is about as much use as a fart in a sandstorm? Three dropped passes in the first half, dieing with the ball and not getting over the gain line, did not pass to JD2 once. Time for Scott Williams to wear the 12 shirt, me thinks!

Thoughts please.

TC

A lot of his perfermances are being highlighted because of the rush defences a lot of teams play and that in itself can make players look like they're running up blind alleys, the conditions on saturday didn't help with his knock ons. He's still got a lot to offer I think, whenever he takes the ball up he's getting gang tackled which in itself creates chances if we can get quick ball as he's taken a few defenders out and they're not in a position to defend, its just we ain't really creating quick enough ball at the moment.Forgetting the first half against Ireland our defence as otherwise been solid and with us winning now and building confidence I'd like to see as little changes as possible, I'd rather have Roberts in there especially against England with Barritt and Big Manu bullocking through the centre. :victory:

• Like 1

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The kids are ready, they've made their flags. C'MON WALES !!!!

Some of this banter is more light hearted than other bits, but anyone who does not passionately want their own country to win needs a kick up the arse. I would never knock anyone for believing in thei

Posted Images

Wales have a very simple game plan. When it works well it is hard to stop. AKA Cuthberts try on Saturday. You are right what you say about JR drawing two or often more defenders, but it is never quick ball or offloaded with him, therefore the advantage of him drawing the defenders is lost.

For Cuthberts try the first phase was slow ball but the ball was taken up again and they were presented with quick second phase ball. JD2 and Roberts running in a y direction hold the defence that gives Cuthbert the gap he needed. As I said simple yet effective.

http://www.youtubeslow.com/index.php?v=BjEIuqeUF5E

TC

Edited by tiercel

I've given up trying to predict outcomes in this tournament.

Yet another excellent weekend of rugby.

Personally I believe that England won because of their strength in depth. You know that when the subs come on you're not really seeing second class players. The bench looks like a first team. Unfortunately or rather fortunately, france didn't have the same luxury.

As for the Ireland Scotland game, bloody hell Ireland must be kicking themselves. Not sure that O'Gara deserves the criticism he's getting. Ok he made a a kicking error that cost them dear but another two yards the other way and the kick would have cleared the defensive line and Marshall would have been away.

Still, England march on for a grand slam. Unless Italy turn it on...........Nahh!

rgds

Swampy

hungover ning

Welsh team for Scotland announced, 3 changes AWJ on for Coombs Warburton on for Tipuric, Coombs and Tipuric drop to the bench. Paul James in instead of Jenkings.

Four changes on the bench from Rome see Ospreys prop Ryan Bevington come in for James and Scott Andrews replacing Craig Mitchell, with Coombs and Tipuric swapping places with Jones and Warburton respectively.

Your thoughts please.

TC

Going to be a big task trying to beat Scotland, I've said for years all they were lacking was belief and a bit of self confidence and their win against Ireland will help them immeasurably.. If our defence holds firm, we stand a good chance but I'm taking nothing for granted..

Personal thoughts are, even if we win in Scotland & England the best we can do is come second in the championship. England have too many points on the board. Instead of bringing on players at the end of the Italian match we should have been racking up the points.

TC

Personal thoughts are, even if we win in Scotland & England the best we can do is come second in the championship. England have too many points on the board. Instead of bringing on players at the end of the Italian match we should have been racking up the points.

TC

Can you explain this to me mate. I haven't a clue about rugby but isn't it like football as in a table where a wins a win or does each point count? Or an I being thick lol is it like if you draw it goes with goal difference or try difference I suppose, that what you mean?

TC

Can you explain this to me mate. I haven't a clue about rugby but isn't it like football as in a table where a wins a win or does each point count? Or an I being thick lol is it like if you draw it goes with goal difference or try difference I suppose, that what you mean?

Same system as football but points difference instead of goals. :victory: