My Lurchers Got A Cough

It does sound like kennel cough..my dog's get it from time to time just get some kiddeies cough medicine down it's throat..you can only ease the symptom's as they is nothing to get rid of it..it should pass after 2/3wk's..i have one here with a heart murmur and the cough is different to kennel cough..it's a deep powerful cough and the dog sound's like a old man sometimes.. :D

I don't know what the fook i did there.. :D

Edited by Millet

What kind of cough if it's a deep type of cough get it to the vet's ..a cough is a good indication of a heart murmur hopefully it's not but you will rest easier getting a propper diagnosis.

il hav to get myself to the docters

Not at all.

Why not waste a bit of time trying things from the internet :hmm: .

give it some amoxiycillian mate clear it up straight away :thumbs:

i might try that with my Gerbil..are you a vet by any chance..because even though it would be a waste of time they would do that anyway.. :D

• Like 1

give it some amoxiycillian mate clear it up straight away :thumbs:

i might try that with my Gerbil..are you a vet by any chance..because even though it would be a waste of time they would do that anyway.. :D

and charge you £40 :laugh: penicillin will do squat for kennel cough its a virus like a cold and flu :thumbs:

if its a cough when the dogs been pulling well on the lead or after the dogs been running then had a drink off water, then get benylin original and give it a dessert spoon full twice a day. make sure its the original as this helps the dog when sleeping to breath clear, the none drowse will keep them awake and not help as much. if its a rasping cough then that could be kennel cough and then its to the vets with the dog.