Dogs That Dont Run When See Rabiits

does any 1 have any problems with this ive noticed my dog wont run a rabbit if its at a certain distance i was out last night and when i got up near enough and it bolted she wasnt running full hearted may b she wasnt in the humor i dont no but i did hear on here about collie traits in some dogs could this b it coming in my dog ?not running cant understand it really some times shes alrite but never if a rabbit is out in the middle of the field she will not run it but when u get a certain distance she will run it she has me baffled and i noticed she runs them hard when shes up close enough to them shes not stupid by the looks of it but what could b the problem her e?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats your collies for you

i seen most types of dog do it, an maybe some of them were sickend when young, but no chance were they all, i held a collie/grey back for being a puppyish an having an injury till he was well oer 2 an

I dont Cant beat a bit of feather  

I've seen my own bitch pick plenty I think it's being to intelligent and lack of drive ,she won't hurt herself to get a rabbit I think it's the kind of " living for tomorrow attitude " some places I think we'll done thank god she didn't run that then other times it can be so frustrating to think some effort she would of had it.

im not 100 percent sure but i tink there is collie in her just resembles a colie trait wat she does i dont mind as shes still learning just curious as shes fine one day and the next a bit off tanxs lads more replys the better

Haha I was dieing to ask this the other day when I first joined the site but I got some sly comments on my other post so I never did my little bitch is a c**t for this she try's really hard on the hard ones near the edge but when I slip her in the middle of the field she doesn't seem to try as hard and if I slip from a distance and a hair jumps up she won't even run it but if its a rabbit she will its not as if she runs it for a min a soon as it jumps up she stops truth be known I don't go for them and she is only a small whippet cross so I don't expect her to but I'd though she would of had ago if you no what I mean

Haha I was dieing to ask this the other day when I first joined the site but I got some sly comments on my other post so I never did my little bitch is a c**t for this she try's really hard on the hard ones near the edge but when I slip her in the middle of the field she doesn't seem to try as hard and if I slip from a distance and a hair jumps up she won't even run it but if its a rabbit she will its not as if she runs it for a min a soon as it jumps up she stops truth be known I don't go for them and she is only a small whippet cross so I don't expect her to but I'd though she would of had ago if you no what I mean

hunting hare,s is illegal :thumbs:

Usually happens when dogs get sickened has pups.. running them in the day 100/150 yards to get near the rabbit for it to drop in an hole or jump in a hedge.

Seen a few kinds of dog do it, saluki x, bull x, beddy x, collie x ... but collie x seems to be most popular