Fallow Stalking

Hi callumm i'm in your location & have a more or less the same problem but with birch scrub , I can normally get to grips wiyh 1 or 2 as they come out to feed,u might have to play the waiting game, or feed them out . Have you got high seats ? Can you cut some clearings?

I used to run dogs in willow plantations roe love them they are planted so straight you can normally see right down the rows ? I don't know much about stalking but i imagine if you just walked the outskirts looking down the rows you might be presented with a shot. Even if they are on the move a shrill whistle is normally enough to make them stop for a few seconds. Atb

• Like 3

hi BH driven deer is a big no over here,allthough it is done abroad,years ago they used to drive roe to shotguns but thankfully them days are long gone,far to many wounded deer running of to die a miserable death,.To hit a running deer & deliver a safe,clean humane kill shot in a woodland with something like 308is not really an option mate.

No mater how many deer i shoot every time i squeeze the trigger & the deer takes of as they do most times( if you heart/lung shoot them) just for a few metre's normally its a relief when they drop ,and thats with a standing target & me being 100% certain everything is spot on before i shoot .I would'nt fancy being a beater either.cheers

The trouble is getting them to move out slowly , the minute they get a scent or hear something there gone, & at a trot.They dont hang about at all.The fallow where i am are at serious levels & if driving or pushing them was an option it would happen ,they are just to skittish .I cull on a local deer park & its hard going there & they are fenced.

The trouble is getting them to move out slowly , the minute they get a scent or hear something there gone, & at a trot.They dont hang about at all.The fallow where i am are at serious levels & if driving or pushing them was an option it would happen ,they are just to skittish .I cull on a local deer park & its hard going there & they are fenced.

Ratattack got what I meant. I didn't mean to be driving them like in Europe with shots at fallow in full flight. Just pushing them gently towards positioned rifles, bit of skill in it from the beaters. Fair enough response though. Still, might work for the lad that started the thread.

Thank you every one the reason i dont drive them is becouse of boundrys i want to keep the deer on my patch becouse of heavy poaching 3weeks ago i saw a huge fallow buck an amazing beast but unfortunatly i found him today in a ditch and he had been shot in the back such a shame.iv tried hay but i think the have been quite hassled by the last stalker so they are feeding at night.

Thank you every one the reason i dont drive them is becouse of boundrys i want to keep the deer on my patch becouse of heavy poaching 3weeks ago i saw a huge fallow buck an amazing beast but unfortunatly i found him today in a ditch and he had been shot in the back such a shame.iv tried hay but i think the have been quite hassled by the last stalker so they are feeding at night.

Your only choice is leave them alone for a while mate