Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

216 Excellent

About Caprelous

  • Rank
    Extreme Hunter

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests
    Deerstalking and Wildlife and Forest management control.

Recent Profile Visitors

1,937 profile views
  1. You all take my comment in jest but I am deadly serious theres already moves afoot to make it compulsory or am i scare mongering something i have been accused of in the past
  2. First and foremost in my view access to a trained deer dog will become compulsary and in some leases especially those administered by the Forestry Commision they are making it conditional on the lease. However not every person involved in stalking deer owns a deer dog. I dont own one myself but I find it prudent that I do have different contact and communication to one if the situation arises. I can usually track any run on deer using my own field craft skills but there has been a few occasions that I have been close to loosing one, perhaps I have been fortunate in my endevours so I do
  3. I do look in now and then for a read foxdropper but give up on posting due to some of the replies from certain individuals and made a decision a while ago not to stick my head above the parapet to get covered in the crap that some postees try to lob my way. So far it seems to be working Cheers Stu.
  4. Well this post went down like a wet fart . Nothing unusual there then
  5. I am registered as a food business operative.FBO its a condition with Food standard Agency and is current legislation that if you are placing venison carcasses into a game dealer (I.E) food chain you have to be registered as a FBO with your local Authority under EEC regulations.
  6. Not quite as simple as that. You can apply for it but it dosent mean you will get it. LOL You will need to prove good reason why it should be granted and it paid for and checks will be made with who your booked in with and dates etc and if your going to be accompanied or not. There will be also other conditions imposed on your FAC in respect to only being able to use that rifle under specific like conditions.You certainly would not legally be allowed to use it unless it matched the conditions on your FAC. One hell of a expensive way of stalking deer as well as no gaurantees of actually cul
  7. Unfortunately with all the land owners and forest enterprises insisting that anyone controlling deer has to have a minimum of DSC1 and also registered with them as a named controller it is not easy for novice stalkers getting into the game, Shortly to be a minimum condition in Scotland If SNH have their way and now doubt in England and Wales from conditions i have seen on leases, The only chance will be with private land owners and most of that is already taken up. You will now need to pay for it by the day and be accompanied or its looking that way. I do take guests out and mentor them
  8. The ACP would grant only on land that the calibre was approved for as you wouldnt be granted an open FAC to shoot anywhere else with it ( Initially until they consider you are competent through gaining experience) , also he may impose other conditions in respect to you being mentored however this is still a grey area, You would not however be granted permission to use a 270 with expanding ammunition for target practice on ranges you can only use a deer calibre rifle and expanding ammunition for shooting deer or other wildlife as permitted on the FAC but you may use expanding ammo for the purpo
  9. Its quite common to see both fallow and roe deer in fields where cattle (cows) are present but they avoid fields containing sheep, Sheep urine contaminates the ground to much which causes them to avoid areas containing sheep , Cheers Cap
  10. I have been following these replies which I add gives me a wry smirk. with having been in the position of stalking many years I have seen the goal posts moved so many times and even uplifted from the field on more than one occasion Is it a money maker well without doubt it can cost you dearly depending on the circumstances if your follow the p rocedure and complete your DSC1 then on to DSC2 it can and has in many cases cost multiple thousands of pounds in meeting the required ICRpending on how many deer you have on your ground and also trying to tie those outings with a registered AW and
  11. Where those side by side then LOL
  12. That would be my question as well as theres a difference
  13. I have worked for a few myself but I couldnt call them one to their face besides a c..nts usefull they wasnt
  14. Generally Does will only come to a Buttolo call during late May and June or early July and occasionally August depending on if they had a late drop, if using the kid distress peep at other times they will be alarmed by it and run the opposite way. So in effect they are pretty much useless during the Doe Cull season other than for observation or carrying out deer counts. Cheers Stu P.S Nice to see a post back on topic
  • Create New...