Any one ever lost the ambition for shooting

Anyway, your all talking bollox.

Giving it the " I've been shooting so long I'm tired of it" sheite. All of you will be out with your mutts one day and they'll flush a snipe that will come zig zagging out and you'll all put your imaginary gun up to it and say "bang gotcha"!

If you shoot, you shoot and you'll always shoot and that's that. Stop pretending otherwise!

Unless you really are that bad that you've never hit ought and it was costing you a mortgage in cartridges every outing.

Walk a few lonely moors with your dog and you'll wish you'd taken your gun....Guarenteed! Nothing (apart from sex) is better than pulling a high bird down and your dog bringing it to hand, going home and eating it.

Free food is always the tastiest!

rgds

Swampy

Honest ning

In the event of getting some kind of 'ning' in return you are unfortunately wrong. I 'have' lost the drive to shoot.....years back its all i wanted to do, at every opportunity but now i can i really cant be bothered. Would i like to shoot the highest bird of the day infront of the guns and beaters or would i like to get a nice long hard retreive with my dog...its the latter i'm afraid. You may be right a shooter will always be a shooter and i'll never give my guns up because i will fancy that wee walk with the guns to pop the odd pigeon or woodcock. If i never shoot another pheasant in my life i couldn't care................. :thumbs:

No but you'd gladly feed a FOX :laugh: think of all the birds you would have saved if only you'd have taken scothunters kind offer to sort the fox problem for you :laugh: :laugh: and the banter would of been at its very best ,spoil-sport :laugh: :laugh:

Look I've seen scots dog and you haven't so believe me it would be better i snared it and shot it... Lol

Hopefully I'll be coming up next season so I'll make my own mind up and not take an unbiased one :laugh: if your about for a pint an no I'm not grooming you more the merrier :laugh: also liked to meet baw and northernlite :thumbs: probably not understand a fecking word you lot say :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Where you off to like mate??

No secret I'll send pm :thumbs:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If things get a bit samey then have a change or have a rest, the beauty of guns is they don't eat nothing or need walking so it don't matter if you put them away for a while

I am the only one who finds that juuuusssstttttt a little bit creepy? !!!

I thought about taking up shooting on loads of occasions...........then he goes out with the dogs and I seem to lose the urge.

Posted Images

The whole package of the driven shoot I love! Standing on a peg though, nah not for me. The few times I've done it I've been stood there thinking 'bollocks to this, I'd rather be with the beaters and having the crack". It's about a lot more than shooting for me, if it was just about the shooting I very much doubt I would own shotguns.

I do enjoy a rough shoot with the gun and terrier and try to make the time for a couple of mornings at that in the season. Also roost shooting come the new year and any decent squirrel days I can manage.

Maybe I will develop a passion for serious game shooting when a bit older but I can't see it myself. If you're stood on a peg how the feck can you be checking spots for fox and covers for deer? LOL. Infact only yesterday I slopped off to check a spot and managed a shallow dig while they were picking up! That was 10 times better than any driven day I could be given!

Anyway, your all talking bollox.

Giving it the " I've been shooting so long I'm tired of it" sheite. All of you will be out with your mutts one day and they'll flush a snipe that will come zig zagging out and you'll all put your imaginary gun up to it and say "bang gotcha"!

If you shoot, you shoot and you'll always shoot and that's that. Stop pretending otherwise!

Unless you really are that bad that you've never hit ought and it was costing you a mortgage in cartridges every outing.

Walk a few lonely moors with your dog and you'll wish you'd taken your gun....Guarenteed! Nothing (apart from sex) is better than pulling a high bird down and your dog bringing it to hand, going home and eating it.

Free food is always the tastiest!

rgds

Swampy

Honest ning

Dont wish to upset anyone but its you thats talking bollocks. I started shooting 50 years ago. 4 or 5 years ago I felt that I wasnt enjoying shooting anymore so just before christmas last year I gave my gun to my daughter. Still go beating with the terriers but no interest in pulling the trigger anymore.

Just the end of the shooting year for me was meant too have the last day of a syndacte shoot iam in and for the past 4 months I've had niggling feeling that I don't care about the gun any more or the things that I shoot and every shoot u usually will beat one shoot one but I've found my self less caring about standing and more concentrating on my dogs for the last couple of years I've always had my ferreting on a Sunday too pass the time but this year I've not had any ferrets too pass my time but coming too the thing iam going too give up my guns and get back into my ferreting any one ever lose interest in shooting

Yes i agree i haven't shot a shot gun in a few years now ive had 100 pigeons feeding on a field not a mile from my house went out and got permission i was told yes you can but only till the 20th dec as its being sold then and i never got round to going . Much rather stand in a little wood nearby with a airgun

I wonder, for those of you that have lost your passion to shoot, is it just because you've got bored of what you do or have you actually lost the passion to pull the trigger full stop? Is there not a type of shooting you would like to do but not had the opportunity?

I wonder, for those of you that have lost your passion to shoot, is it just because you've got bored of what you do or have you actually lost the passion to pull the trigger full stop? Is there not a type of shooting you would like to do but not had the opportunity?

Thats interesting actually because i would love to shoot a wild boar.......if i dont it wont bother me but for some reason i'd like too.... :thumbs: And thats really weird because rifle shooting bores me more than the shottie. The .222 only comes out the cupboard when a fox wanders onto the place.......but i really should get my finger out and put a couple of these Roe in the freezer... :angel:

Thats interesting actually because i would love to shoot a wild boar.......if i dont it wont bother me but for some reason i'd like too.... :thumbs: And thats really weird because rifle shooting bores me more than the shottie. The .222 only comes out the cupboard when a fox wanders onto the place.......but i really should get my finger out and put a couple of these Roe in the freezer... :angel:

get a lurcher mate ffs, if you do ill even call you lurch-tastic........... :D

Ive been over this a million times....ive no drive to head out wi the gun so i'm not walking about in the dark with a bloody dog when i should be in my bed... :laugh:

Ive been over this a million times....ive no drive to head out wi the gun so i'm not walking about in the dark when i should be in my bed with a bloody dog... :laugh:

I'm not saying anything! :icon_eek::bad:

• Like 3

Ive been over this a million times....ive no drive to head out wi the gun so i'm not walking about in the dark when i should be in my bed with a bloody dog... :laugh:

i thought that aswell :whistling:

beat me there mate................. :laugh: :laugh:

lab would you say its similar to when you lost interest in women............ :laugh:

• Like 1

lab would you say its similar to when you lost interest in women............ :laugh:

No hes still got the inflatable one :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

not me never lost the passion for the guns infact even when not out with them they are usualy in the gun room with me either being cleaned and rubbed down with the oily cloth or just looked at,,,,,,love the guns looking at them or out shooting them.

paul

• Like 1

Ive been over this a million times....ive no drive to head out wi the gun so i'm not walking about in the dark with a bloody dog when i should be in my bed... :laugh:

Thanks for pm'ing me and pointing out my mistake................b*****d!!... :laugh:
  • Like 1

That will never happen.......... :D