whats the best ferret for working

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

rossboi, ye couldnae make that shite up, how old are you kid??

So a albino is a different "breed" to a polecat ferret is it? NO its not they're ferrets, if you're saying they're different breeds then how come you get poleys and albino's in the same litter?

A couple of my best workers have been SSPCA rescue ferrets that I took to make up numbers,,   One was so good I bred from her,,,first time in years I`ve bred.   TBH, most good healthy looked after

Sorry about line below words, does anyone no how to get it off,

Ross I dont think you are for real, but anyway, i have had Ferts for 40 years, and spent my time usually running away from Keepers.

But I used to ferret regular with two keepers, and to tell you the truth, although they could catch rabbits, i would not say they were great shakes at the game.

took them out at night with the webs, and they hadnt a clue,

Years ago I stupidly answered an advert in the local paper, keeper has ferrets for sale,

They were the most biting vicious ferets, i have seen.

I think he just went out with the rifle and flung a rabbit in, the cage hadnt been cleaned out for weeks.

I didnt buy any.

nice try to conceal the shite ye been talking by saying its a wind up lad, well done, but ill bet within a week you got a thread asking soem other silly newbie question, your brand new an everybody can see it, ye have spoke pure an utter drivvel on every thread ye been on so far ffs :laugh:

anybody wanna take me bet?? 7 days an ill bet this fool has asked summat daft............... odds on are.......

how do i get my jills out of season, or, whats the best colour nets :laugh:

fallin for ye wind up, good yin son, good yin...

if ye ever doon this way, let me know an ill get my 6 year old lad to take ye out ferreting, i bet he been oot more than you this season :laugh:

by the way, i got a spare pup here if ye know anybody for it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Like all animals every ferret differs. In my vast experience with ferrets I have found that albino ferrets are more aggressive/bold and are very keen to catch the rabbit. this is great until he/she catches it underground and has a meal and sleep leaving you with a dig on your hands or a two hour wait.

Polecats seem to be a bit less aggressive but still make marvellous workers. Don't get me wrong they will kill at ground but are not as eager for the kill and enjoy the chase.

With the above in mind you might want to consider a "sandy" ferret which is a cross between polecat and albino.

I would recommend getting it off working stock but this is not vital. Make sure it is well handled but these animals are not pets and should have plenty space in their living quarters with a run if possible. I had large pipe separating the hut from the run which was brilliant for getting a young ferret used to dark spaces.

Hope u have some successful ferreting mate

Atb

That's the first time I've heard that bollocks regarding their colour denoting their working ability that way round, normally people say the poleys are keener. They could be litter mates and as for sandies if you get a poley out of poley parents and a white off whites and breed them together if they threw a litter of sandies I'd buy a lottery ticket.

• Like 1

Chill put reddawn lol. I'm having a laugh.

im serious, i got a spare dog pup left over, bred for bunnys an rats, iv kept whole litter, i dont need to chill sonshine, im 1 a the most chilled folk ye could ever meet, ask the loads on here that been here lol...

if ye serious aboot getting a pup for rabbits an rats, pm me, if not dont worrys, but dont think cos i been nice once i wont rip the pish oot ye next time ye post shite on these boards, an i aint the only yin, so take it from me, dont try an tell anybody on here how to do things, unless ye KNOW ye are right :laugh: not THINK ye are right :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1

they terrierr x collie pups, bred for marking/ferretin/rattin an moochin, not the patterdale that ye wanted, i own the dam an sire an graft them regular, wont win any of the shows ye patt will tho :laugh:

Edited by reddawn