what is the best type of dog food to get

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Raw flesh....

Beta active, £27 a bag. Tried lots of food with lots of dogs and this one is definitely the best and beta puppy for whelping bitches and obviously puppys.

alpha and raw.. but each dog is different.. so what works on mine might not with yours

Here is a mind change for ya I have a dog and its full sister the dog does great on beta greyhound bitch just gets the shits from it but she does great on dr jhons gold but the dog just gets the shits from it but they both do great on raw both raised the exact same and both raised on beta puppy which is meant too be very similar too the beta greyhound but the bitch does fine on the puppy

Pup - 11mths... Gain puppy and sapling fed alongside raw

Dog not in work... gain 20 with raw

Dog in work... gain 28 with raw

Dog in work... gain record breaker NO RAW.

As ye can tell im a fan of gain, find it a good feed and reasonable price

I also feed the elderly pet russel on gain retired greyhound.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive tried loads of brands gain,skinners,vitalin,dr johns got on ok with skinners but the rest made them squirt.skinners was ok but gained weight on it.

now i know people say pedigree is sh1t but ive got them on pedigree vital protection,and hardly any mess in the yard i add raw and bones in couple of times in the week find this is good to keep anal glands healthy,mine raw feed is just from aldis i buy chicken thights and drunsticks and some cheap beef or pork mince.

pay £20 at the moment for 15kg of vital protection

anyone else use pedigree it gets pore reviews but so does what most feed on here i just go by how the dog looks and what comes out of them.

cheers.

Wouldn't touch any of the commercial dog foods as i was advised years ago by a few dog breeders and pet shop owners that they are full of colourants, preservatives amongst other additives but at the end of the day, if it works for your dog then who is anyone to tell you different :thumbs:

I put my GSP pup on Burns Puppy as it's totally natural and she was great on it. I would always buy the best puppy food for a pup such as Burns, Eukanuba etc as it's the most important stage of its life. Expensive but worth it imho...each to there own :thumbs:

Every day my Whippet gets approx;

50% raw beef or cooked rabbit,

approx 20% brown rice, brown pasta or brown bread

approx 30% Red Mills Racer

A couple of feeds a week i'll add grated carrot, spinach and cod liver oil and he seems fine with it all. His shit is more like a miniature chihuahuas than a whippets. What i have noticed since changing from Gain 28 to Red Mills Racer is that instead of lazing about all day, he is more playful with the other dogs. He also tries to play with them when out in the garden . Whether that's just coincidence i don't know but we do notice these wee things in our dogs :thumbs: