how do they get away with this!!

.And after he has shot the dog is that going to be the end nothing more is going to happen? i doubt it as if my dog was shot i coudnt care if i was ment to be there or not i would be back the next day... with a un stock broken bull x

:rolleyes::fool:

if a farmer shot my dog il just say it would cost him allot of money

no it wont mate one cartridge is pence these days.............. :laugh:

• Like 1

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

but why should he have to get out his bed and come across quietly just cause you decide to have a midnight stroll. Obviously he's going to be pissed off, especially if he has been losing sheep, fences

and your point is ? i dont reck the land i dont mess with stock i close gates behind me. i always apolgise if i bump into anyone but if some f****r gives my dog 2 barrels it aint going down well. if y

Im afraid i couldn't take that sign seriously. I mean look at it ffs....he has obviously missed out the word 'in' and had to put it in after and to spell be as 'B' is laughable. I'd imagine he's not g

Posted Images

i`ve owned land with stock on when you put time and effort in and some knut comes on your land spooks your stock leaves fecking gates open damages your fences make holes in the hedge it pisses you off as much as it would if you caught someone in your garden looking in your kennels or a gang of kids kicking a football agen your fence cant see a problem with the sign who knows what he`s had to put up with in the past ...

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 2

At the end off the day its the farmers livlihood so if your dog is affecting that then im on farmers side tbh.but there is some farmers who act the c**t even if your on public right of ways..but whose ruining it is lads knocking walls/fences and leaving gates open and then wonder why farmers are pissed off.

• Like 1

At the end off the day its the farmers livlihood so if your dog is affecting that then im on farmers side tbh.but there is some farmers who act the c**t even if your on public right of ways..but whose ruining it is lads knocking walls/fences and leaving gates open and then wonder why farmers are pissed off.

as you have said there is good and bad on both sides,farmer/hunter ;),it all depends on the people involved from both sides in that situation....atb...
  • Like 1

Good good rfyl. No illness apart from alcohol :) long story short, fell out with ex, lost fkn lot, had 3 dogs, old dog retired, main dog badly injured, pup took a liking to mutton while lamping with farmers son....... Now I have 2 pets at a mates lol.

do you want a hug lad )

as you have said there is good and bad on both sides,farmer/hunter ;),it all depends on the people involved from both sides in that situation....atb...

exactly mate but allot of people on both sides dont look at it like this..

In brief the law is:

1. A farmer commits a criminal offence in threatening to shoot a dog, and also in actually shooting a dog, unless he honestly believed his livestock was 'in immediate need of protection' and that ‘the means of protection adopted or proposed to be adopted were or would be reasonable having regard to all the circumstances’. So where shouting, throwing something or shooting over the head would be enough, then that is what should be done first to avoid committing an offence. (Criminal Damage Act 1971).

2. The dog owner can sue the farmer for compensation, and his only defence to killing a dog is he believed and had reasonable grounds for that belief, that either 'there was no other reasonable means of ending or preventing the worrying' or if the owner is not there, that ‘there was no practicable means of ascertaining to whom it belongs’. He must also have reported the shooting to the police within 48 hours. The dog owner has 6 years in which to bring an action for compensation. Some dogs are highly valuable. (Animals Act 1971).

3. The dog owner commits an offence if (a) their dog is in a field with livestock worrying them, Worrying means attacking livestock, or chasing livestock in such a way as may reasonably be expected to cause injury or suffering to the livestock or, in the case of females, abortion, or loss of or diminution in their produce; or (B) their dog is not under control in a field with sheep, even if he was not worrying them, but a police dog, a guide dog, trained sheep dog, a working gun dog or a pack of hounds are all excluded. (Dogs (Protection of Livestock) Act 1953).

• Like 1

what i am trying to get at is if you was somewere were you shoudnt be and a keeper or a farmer comes and puts one in your mut WITHOUT escalation i.e telling me to move on or a warning shot is not only agaisnt the law but will piss me off slighty and i dont belive in getting mad just even

edited to say if you can stand there and watch you dog get shot and take it on the chin your a bigger man than me and fair play :thumbs:

Edited by Ray Mears
  • Like 2