twist and ern part 2

well as some of you mite of read last week the two dogs accounted for rabbits on a hill farm over Yorks that Jim has permission on to control the rabbit,

on the night both dogs ran very well and walked of the land injury free. so on the way home we said we would try and get out again before the moon got up, so on Saturday Jim rang and said the winds up tonight do you fancy a run out.

I rang the farmer were i have permission on and told him we would be coming up for a lamp, a bit of small talk he was telling me there were a bunny or two about so we should get a run tonight. set of with my pup twist to pick Jim and his dog ern up for the 3hr drive to the farm we both had high hopes of a good nights lamping, on the way there the weather was poo light drizzle and mist real thick mist. but as most lads no the weather up north can change at the drop of a hat.

we got to the farm about 945 and the sky was brite the moon was just bouncing of the mist no wind or rain bloody Werther men you could kill um, we had to push on as we were there and i was not turning back now. the fist hour or so we were picking up rabbit but they were thin on the ground not because they were not there but because they were up and going as it was so bright you could see across three Fields at one point well we had 14 Bunny's in the bag,

then out of no were the wind got up and it was pich black the wind was warm realy warm but blowing well, flicked the lamp on and there was the rabbits every were, so now it was time to give the dogs a real spin and they were not missing mutch both dogs going rabbit for rabbit we had to drop the rabbits of at gate ways as the ruck sacks could not hold any more. well i could bore you all about my twist taking them out the seat like an old pro or young ern pulling off some real good strikes. but you all no what its like to have a good night on the lamp just man and dog walking the windy fields at night. .

2011_03283day0019_zps796b4ebe.jpg

2011_03283day0022_zps969073be.jpg

2011_03283day0018_zps9cb25964.jpg

Edited by jack68
  • Like 1

Hahahaha thanks lads for the replys as the moon is up now we mite do a spot of Ferriting well it is xmas..jack

Whatever you's do you'll put some bunnys to rest anyways..have a good xmas and remainder of the season too..ATB Andy :thumbs:

• Like 1

Good work and bag lads, well deserved. Tidy looking dogs that are obviously getting the graft as well.

Just reading the make up of your dog Jack, and wouldn't have thought there was any bull under that coat at a glance, is it something you chose in the make up of the dog, or is it just the make up of breeding successful dogs down the line?

(Dont think many lurchers bred down a few generations nowadays have no bull in them!).

Keep up the sterling work!