Pups first kill and retrieve .....

Took Tilly for her usual wildlife walk today she has just started to learn what those long legs are for and loves hurtling around the wood weaving in and out of the trees and racing across the open fields ... Her recall is pretty good so I just give her her head and let her enjoy ....

On the way back she stopped at the hedge sniffed about cocked her ears then bang in went Tilly and out came Tilly with a nice plump partridge firmly held in her mouth ....

After about ten seconds of wondering what to do with it she gave me a nice retrieve ...

After a bit of retrieving practice I gave Tilly her prize which she happily carried all the way home ....

The first of many I hope ....

Pics are crap only had my mobile with me ........

image-6_zps26247657.jpg

image-6_zps53025523.jpg

image-6_zps915eae9f.jpg

image-6_zpsdefa2039.jpg

• Like 10

I imagine you were made up Socks.

Welldone that pup.

To be honest mate I knew that I wouldn't have a problem with her grabbing game as she chases and pins anything that moves ... But I was very impressed with her nose and her willingness to crash into cover ... She has a massive prey drive and is constantly hunting and chasing ... BUT I was very very pleased with her retrieve as she can be a stubborn pup and is loath to give up anything she has in her mouth ... But fair play she came straight in and gave it to me so after a few mess about retrieves I let her keep the bird and carry it home to enforce the fact I am not taking it off her .......