Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

seen a bedlington working for the first time few months back very impressed :clapper::clapper:

:blink: Enlighten us, who, what where when ?? in the ground or on top ? :blink:

it was in the ground we struck 5 foxs in one day 3 with the bedlington bolted 2 from one earth with her an dug one in the rockest hole iv seen the other 2 we dug with a good we pat (iv a feeling it was your bedlington could be worng) i had a black lurcher an my mate had a big strong white lurcher the last fox we dug was in a forest on a lane im from ireland :thumbs:

Don't want to hijack your thread lads, but if any of you lads who work your bedlingtons to ground are planning on using a good dog accross a greyhound i'd be very interested in a bitch pup. I'm in S. Wales, but would be willing to travel within reason for a well bred pup. Thanks.

Hi Phil I'll be bringing Biff back in the summer to give to Martyn he's a good un for a beddy.

hi, i've got a beddy bitch who's 10months old and she's had a few rabbits ferreting but nothing that bites back yet. At the mo she has no interest to go to ground even when other terriers push past to go to ground, i know she's young and don't want her to enter to fox till she's older but has anyone else had a beddy reluctant when young but that now does earthwork?

thanks griffo

Hi griffo i got a dog (rillingtonxNB's Toby) he didn't want to know earth work until he was about 2 years and he'd seen other dogs doing it now he's mustard on fox and coypu but a bit hard for badger,aint got the nose to find or the eagerness of a black dog but he finds eventually,just be paitent with them.

hi, i've got a beddy bitch who's 10months old and she's had a few rabbits ferreting but nothing that bites back yet. At the mo she has no interest to go to ground even when other terriers push past to go to ground, i know she's young and don't want her to enter to fox till she's older but has anyone else had a beddy reluctant when young but that now does earthwork?

thanks griffo

Hi griffo i got a dog (rillingtonxNB's Toby) he didn't want to know earth work until he was about 2 years and he'd seen other dogs doing it now he's mustard on fox and coypu but a bit hard for badger,aint got the nose to find or the eagerness of a black dog but he finds eventually,just be paitent with them.By the way I live in France where it's all legal.

seen a bedlington working for the first time few months back very impressed :clapper::clapper:

it was in the ground we struck 5 foxs in one day 3 with the bedlington bolted 2 from one earth with her an dug one in the rockest hole iv seen the other 2 we dug with a good we pat (iv a feeling it was your bedlington could be worng) i had a black lurcher an my mate had a big strong white lurcher the last fox we dug was in a forest on a lane im from ireland :thumbs:

This one, :thumbs:

irelandhunting583.jpg

It was a good day... the two were dug, but as I remember the feckers bolted as I put my head in the hole after pulling Millie out :icon_redface:

Big rocks they were

irelandhunting581.jpg

The white lurcher

irelandhunting614.jpg

irelandhunting591.jpg

How's the black lurcher coming on ?

irelandhunting551.jpg

This one, :thumbs:

irelandhunting583.jpg

It was a good day... the two were dug, but as I remember the feckers bolted as I put my head in the hole after pulling Millie out :icon_redface:

Big rocks they were

irelandhunting581.jpg

The white lurcher

irelandhunting614.jpg

irelandhunting591.jpg

How's the black lurcher coming on ?

irelandhunting551.jpg

see flying she has 5 red boys on her belt an shes lamping ok shes 18 months now so she still right an young.good pic by the way first time to see them only got the lap top this all new to me :wallbash::thumbs:

I've finally found my lead that links camera to laptop...

Here's some pics of Murphy, Milly's sire... apparently he dont work to good on top, just kills foxes in the ground.. :icon_eek:

Well I had him and Milly out today, between them they bolted 5 different foxes out of cover.. No lurcher, no long lense on me camera :blink:

2008261.jpg

2008257.jpg

2008250.jpg

Spike's looking good fella!! Glad to see him with the red uns...

Here some more pics from today..

2008243.jpg

This is the reason I had no other dogs with me :boogie:

2008238.jpg

2008237.jpg

Murphy 14 " tall, spannable, kills foxes, sire of Milly, out of my old bitch Tango... have I made the right decisicion :whistling:

2008251.jpg

2008261-1.jpg

Spot the fox, taken with 18-55mm lense

2008252.jpg

another

2008247.jpg

This one was staring me in the face, but I couldnt take the pic quick enough

2008266.jpg

thanks griffo

Hi griffo i got a dog (rillingtonxNB's Toby) he didn't want to know earth work until he was about 2 years and he'd seen other dogs doing it now he's mustard on fox and coypu but a bit hard for badger,aint got the nose to find or the eagerness of a black dog but he finds eventually,just be paitent with them.By the way I live in France where it's all legal.

hey thanks, i've taken her out 3times this week and she is working the cover better and better each time i go out with her, she's 12months in february so will try and get her on the rats. Her great grandfather is the beddy dog murphy pictured above on swanseajacks thread.

Murphy is looking well with you SJ , hoping for a bitch pup april ! The bitch is out of murphy & the dog is out of nickys old dog jake , both are under 14/12 " . Good luck with the mating . Piper the liver dog in the pics was the sire of murphy , as i remember ?

post-7755-1200479893_thumb.jpg

post-7755-1200479672_thumb.jpg