GSP v CONDIT

GSP He is a talented fighter , he works for it. There is no off season for George he is always working on his work and styles of fighting. He is an athlete when it comes to training and it shows and pays off. His cardio-wind is phenomenal, he does grind his opponent down albeit on the ground but it gets the win. Its not a crowd pleaser but he showed against josh koscheck he can stand toe to toe and box. Condit is-was no slouch , a top class opponent that could work while on defense as good as the rest.

GSP is arguably the best ambassador the sport has ever known. A total gentleman who lives and breathes MMA. Works relentlessly at any weaknesses he has to be a true well rounded fighter. No doubting in my mind he is the greatest welterweight ever.

My problem is his camp, they are obsessed with winning. I know this is what he is there to do!! :laugh: but as long as he stays at jacksons he will never be known as the pound for pound best in the world, something that he could easily be. They concentrate too much on their opponents weaknesses, which invariably gets the big W but doesnt take him out of his comfort zone to challenge his oppo at his own game.

Everyone knew GSP was a better wrestler than dan hardy so it didnt impress anyone when he took hardy to the ground as fast as possible and dominated the fight to grind out a win. Had he stood toe to toe with hardy and got the win , now that would have been impressive.

Everyone knew GSP was a better striker than koscheck so it didnt impress many when he kept it standing and again got the W. Had he out wrestled Koscheck, again that would have been impressive.

Last night before the fight we all knew GSP was the better on the ground than Condit ,thats a given. In pre- fight interviews GSP said he was going to come out of his comfort zone so i was watching with anticipation. Did he? did he shite.Taking Condit to the ground asap to grind out a decision proves he is the greatest WW ever to enter the octagon, the guy is super talented but it proves he will never be the pound for pound greatest as long as he carries on at jacksons.

Gsp is fantastic one of the greats I don't see him beating the spider he's never fought anyone with that striking speed and power just think silva would knock him out jonny Hendricks looks a beast if he tags gsp night night

I agree. If someone like hendricks or daley was to tag him, he would fall. Hendricks will be an interesting fight with him being a natural wrestler but with dynamite for fists.