Ferret finder what's your Favourite

I have used both and i now use the mk3

It takes a few days to get to grips with it but once you are familiar with it it is far superior to the mk1.

In search mode you locate the ferret far quicker.

No issues when ferreting near wire as you get with mk1.

The only issue is it reads a foot deeper than where the ferret is and my mates is exactly the same but once you are aware of this you dig accordingley.

Both myself and my mate have had no issues with the mk3.

Too many people seem to give up too easily.

Persnally i would never go back to a mk1 it works for me.

Edited by budgie123
  • Like 1

i used the mk1 for years and found them good but when the mk3 came out i decided to up grade and at first strugled to work it out and was going to go back to the mk1 but with abit of time i picked it up 3 years on i would never go back. I was ferreting weekend just gone and we used my mates mk1 boxes and collers and to tell the truth there not a patch on the mk3m i nearley gave up on the mk3m and now im very very glad i diddnt

I really like the mk3 the accuracy can be a bit off at times but once you get the hang of it and use the two modes properly works fine. A lot of people like to complain about it and I would agree the collars arent strong and do break. But has anyone lost a ferret while using it?

Mk3m by far the best upto date. Cant inderstand how ppl cant seem to work out how to use them. Played about with myn for 5mins and its reali easy its got pinpointer n everything and myn is bang on top of ferret everytym. A cant get my head round how ppl still buying knocker box for stupid money on ebay. But everyone to ther own i suppose