Cracking Day With No Nets...

had a great day out again today, thanks to the kindness of Charlie Nelly 1, top bloke ;) went to a little spot in Pakistan for a Mooch.....

Decided to write a report as didnt want TOMO to batter me, and took a few photo's for myself and Charlie anyway.... ;)

we decided to have a slow walk around, and bolting what he could to the dogs and chuck the odd net down, but further into the day, we didnt even do that and left it to the dogs.

147.jpgshe caught a couple out of this burrow, and youcan see the type of land it is. she really is a little pocket rocket to say shes 16/17 tts. on this warren which was the dig below, a bunny bolted, dog didnt see it, and it got a 20 yard headstart and i called her on it, i though f*****g hell she wont get that, she after it, was flying and about 60-70 yard she bowled it over! count beleive it i was f*****g ecstatic! she did a semi retrieve between the rabbit trying to drag her around :laugh: was quite a decent sized buck as well. the adrenaline rush you get when you see the catch, i can see why people break the law to course Hares now :yes::laugh:

146.jpgsmall dig by Charlie, literally lifted the sod up and a couple of spadefuls of dirt out, rabbit necked, job done.

145.jpgmid way through the morning, after charlie had come the long way round on the bike and i had climbed up the steep side of the fell, and then he took the gear up to the top on his back, then came back and gave me a lift up ;) saved on both our energy and was a good crack as well :toast: we also did a bit of PR for ferreting, meeting a couple of young lady walkers and they loved the ferrets and dogs and whole idea of it, even though she had a pet rabbit at home, she even said how skillful it sounds :D

150.jpg?t=1352579844

Nelly marking a rabbit she ran into this little hole, the rabbits up here tend to use Holes as emergency bunkers rather than living there full time. now i know what people mean when they say ferreting without a Dog is shit, it really is, Nelly is a great alround ferreting dog in my opinion, great marker, bushes them out the bracken and heather, and she even caught a couple of bolters after a 70 yard ish course :yes: yes, thats a pedigree labrador on this tough terrain catching a sprinting bunny :yes: after 70 yards, top bitch :toast:

152.jpgNelly ran a bunny out of the heather, it set of into a cheeky set, we bolted 2 out of that set, both ran into another 20 ish holer set down a slight slope, both with Eve close on their tales, we then proceeded to ferret this bury for a few bolts for the dog, and we bolted 10-11 out of it :blink: caught six of them with the dogs, eve got about 3 on the course, about 40 yards, one was spectacular, coming across it and bowling it over with a semi retrieve :toast: and another was uphill and she bowled it over running over some limestone patches like it wasnt there. couple made it away through dry stone walls, couple we snatched out of the holes ourselves an armslength down when we heard them squeal, with the ferrets attached to the nose. 6with no nets and a 16 inch dog is pretty good i reckon. nelly also retrieved one out the wall after it thought it could escape, but i wont mention how good that was :whistling:

Few EOD's i think the thumbs up goes great with the Cigar...

editedcharliegood.jpgedited2joel.jpgfedited1.jpgthese are all that Eve caught with just the aid of the ferret :toast: she is really coming along great paying attention etc, and if you think that you know the best place for her to stand for the bolt it, after the first few misses, the dog does know better :laugh:

149.jpg

not a single net used, really is the best sport... ended the day on 15 ish, and took them and sold them to DeepEarth, as he cant catch owt for his butcher :tongue2:

and 2 digs. absolutely cracking day, and big big big big massive thanks to charlie nelly for again, giving me and my animal some cracking sport :thumbs: dog is in front of fire recovering for another big day tomorrow :boogy::thumbs:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great day   Was going well till the Jimmy saville photoshopped photos   If you want to match Tomos bags you need to freeze the seasons bag and then get out for a group picture to make it look li

I thought the Dales was heaving with rabbits........................................

Nice one gents,, it realy is the sport of kings,, keep up the good work