Getting permission to shoot air rifle

Tried the farmers route tonight .... It never went the way I planned ... Finished work earlier and went driving to nearby farms ... Stopped and opened gate started walkin towards door with my 1 led light on key ring only to heard squeals and grunts as I shined my light seen 2 pigs runnin towards me :( ... I turned ran and fell covered in s@@@ an lossed a welly but with my momentum cleared the gate .. Must have been pig sty . Didn't manage to speak to farmer but arrived home covered in s@@@ ... On arrival told wife I have been chased by pigs !!!she said are the police goin to Knock !!!

lmao! Chin up dude and keep plugging away!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now ,,,now boys   i have never charged any one to shoot nor would i   every one of the lads me and viz have taken out have never had to pay us and we have taken a good few out to our perms   and

Yea just keep at it mate , just put across what you are after eg rabbits, game, crows etc and how you can help them keep numbers down while enjoying your sport also join basc and that inc insurance as

Tried the farmers route tonight .... It never went the way I planned ... Finished work earlier and went driving to nearby farms ... Stopped and opened gate started walkin towards door with my 1 led li

Tried the farmers route tonight .... It never went the way I planned ... Finished work earlier and went driving to nearby farms ... Stopped and opened gate started walkin towards door with my 1 led light on key ring only to heard squeals and grunts as I shined my light seen 2 pigs runnin towards me :( ... I turned ran and fell covered in s@@@ an lossed a welly but with my momentum cleared the gate .. Must have been pig sty . Didn't manage to speak to farmer but arrived home covered in s@@@ ... On arrival told wife I have been chased by pigs !!!she said are the police goin to Knock !!!

Oh mate thaught those sort of things only happen to me lol! Just keep trying though you will deff get some where will keep fingers crossed for ya! Try ring a few get a maybe and then go introduce your self with a bigger torch haha!

That right there is what makes this sport the best! Ha ha classic! That's my kind of luck!

Keep at it dude you never know you might get to fall in cow shit on the next attempt! It's character building! Lol

When i was younger it was easy to get a "permission", ..nowadays in most areas it's a little harder.

To increase your chances, as already mentioned, buy insurance ( BASC for example ), and make some cheap business cards up. Then do the usual, knock doors, ask about etc. and hand out ya cards.

Also, like you are doing here, ask about in some forums, maybe someone knows someone who needs pest control. Or even someone with a permission already, who would like ( or put up with ) a partner.

Good luck, it's worth the effort.

Keep at it old mate, it's a bugger when nobody seems to want to know, but, someone will give you a break someplace. And go in daylight! Never in the dark!! You'll stand less chance of being greeted like a potential intruder...or pig fodder! :laugh::thumbs:

Pianoman

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

We moved offices today to a unit at the rear of a farm which has diversified.

They have a small petting zoo type affair which looks like it could well have rats.

They also have horses, so no doubt they don't like rabbit warrens.

I've already got permission to walk the dog over the fields, so I'll get me feet under the table and ask.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Be care full of what you wish for as well

Me and vizlauk had one perm

and now have that many its hard to take care of them all

we have three farms next to each other and it totals 6500 acres

then there is the factory perms

then the farms that surround them

and then there is still the original perm

and all call us up to go and take care of the vermin

it can be a pain at times

keep at it and you never know you may end up with as much as us lol

mind take heed you can loose them quicker than you get them so all ways take notice of what the farmer or land owner tells you to do or what he or she wants of you and your rifle :yes:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

mind take heed you can loose them quicker than you get them so all ways take notice of what the farmer or land owner tells you to do or what he or she wants of you and your rifle :yes:

Mac, I think you need to consider taking a pay to shoot customer along with you, there would definitely be a demand as you are very well respected and it could make life more affordable.

Think of it like a music teacher, they get £30 for 20 mins.

• Like 1

Mac, I think you need to consider taking a pay to shoot customer along with you, there would definitely be a demand as you are very well respected and it could make life more affordable.

Think of it like a music teacher, they get £30 for 20 mins.

There's a big difference between a landowner letting you shoot on his land and him letting you take paying guests on it.

Now ,,,now boys

i have never charged any one to shoot nor would i

every one of the lads me and viz have taken out have never had to pay us and we have taken a good few out to our perms

and show,d them the ropes

all we ask of them is to repay the faver if they get a perm

• Like 2

Now ,,,now boys

every one of the lads me and viz have taken out have never had to pay us and we have taken a good few out to our perms

No-one said you did charge Mac. It was in answer to a suggestion above that you should consider charging. :thumbs:

So keep your hair on. :laugh:

Now ,,,now boys

No-one said you did charge Mac. It was in answer to a suggestion above that you should consider charging. :thumbs:

So keep your hair on. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I've always done letters with references from current land owners. The first one is the hardest and you can find there like buses, you wait for one and they all come along at once.

Get insurance.