Skeleton of WWII carrier pigeon found.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

" for COO, ze var ist over" lol lol lol

LONDON – Experts say the skeletal remains of a pigeon discovered in the chimney of a house in southern England carried a mysterious, long-forgotten message from World War II. Historians at Britain's

I told a mate about this and his reply was "was it still alive" hahahaha f*****g donut!!!

LONDON – Experts say the skeletal remains of a pigeon discovered in the chimney of a house in southern England carried a mysterious, long-forgotten message from World War II.

Historians at Britain's Second World War-era code breaking headquarters say the bird was almost certainly returning from Nazi-occupied France during the June 1944 D-Day invasion.

Bletchley Park says that a radio blackout imposed on Allied forces at the time meant that messages about the progress of the invasion were dispatched by pigeon across the Channel.

What the message says remains unknown. It was coded, an unusual measure generally reserved for the most sensitive secrets.

Bletchley Park said Thursday that one of its curators is now trying to unravel the message using World War II logbooks.

http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2B7dt1Ifk

Well, you never know what you'll find when you start tearing into something old. I wonder if it flew over my father as he was going ashore. :hmm:

ATB

better late then never i suppose lol

• Like 1

LONDON – Experts say the skeletal remains of a pigeon discovered in the chimney of a house in southern England carried a mysterious, long-forgotten message from World War II.

Historians at Britain's Second World War-era code breaking headquarters say the bird was almost certainly returning from Nazi-occupied France during the June 1944 D-Day invasion.

Bletchley Park says that a radio blackout imposed on Allied forces at the time meant that messages about the progress of the invasion were dispatched by pigeon across the Channel.

What the message says remains unknown. It was coded, an unusual measure generally reserved for the most sensitive secrets.

Bletchley Park said Thursday that one of its curators is now trying to unravel the message using World War II logbooks.

Well, you never know what you'll find when you start tearing into something old. I wonder if it flew over my father as he was going ashore. :hmm:

ATB

my mate was ripping up floorboards in an old house he found a skelington of a gypsy, i asked him how he knew the skelington was of a gypsy he replied it had a clothes peg stuck up its ars

ATB

my mate was ripping up floorboards in an old house he found a skelington of a gypsy, i asked him how he knew the skelington was of a gypsy he replied it had a clothes peg stuck up its ars

I don't see the connection. Not to mention, you risk offending other members.

ATB

ATB

better late then never i suppose lol

:thumbs: