where to go in the dales?

Ideation for f**k sake get off that high horse before you fall .

he,s not got the bottle HE wants to beleave me,,,its them type who pick the phone when you do a bit of casual work,,

Haha. You are a real muppet at times mate. :laugh:

No mate, i've not got the bottle to be a big time celebrity poacher like you :thumbs::laugh:

I did take you as a man who could not be bought its not the first time ive been wrong.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Type in Bolton Abby mate,,, when you go through the big gates,, go direct to the big house,, can't miss it..... Most likely the butler will come out,, but if he don't knock on the door and ask for his

That's quiet a tirade there matey, simple question.........what about the many hundreds of decent working dog owners who are un-able to obtain permission?, are their dogs simply to rot in their kennel

Not everyone has permission,i knocked doors for years in the Dales and got zilch,so does that mean i cannot take advantage,at times,of a little recreation for me and the mutt?,i now have enough permis

Posted Images

you for got to say you wud not pick the phone up,,, and this muppet dont look like a tree hugger with shity long hair and and i put a comb through it,,,buts lets not get bitchy hay,,,, you keep makeing phone,s calls on the sly..,///,,, and just remeber were the lurcher come from,,,, old time guys ,,who nipt over the fence... now its middle class and top class of person who have come into the game with a bad attiude, about lurcher men,,,

Really showing your class as a man there mate - insinuating folk are a grass, and making personal insults about the way people look?

Are you REALLY trying to make out that i have ever ratted on anyone? Is that based on anything at all, or are you just being a c**t? Its a dangerous accusation to throw around.

You don't need to give me a lecture on the hostory of the lurcher, or some kind of retarded class argument. There is nowt wrong with nipping over the fence, poaching, etc etc, its just about how you do it, and how wise it is to brag to all and sundry about your deeds and where they can do the same . . . . .

Don't think anyone here objects to poaching, its just how some folk go about it.

Dont make out like your your some Angel...

Your not to be trusted anyway.. I dug up this old comment shows the measure of you really dont it....

"I will never go there again"

- Well, it looks like the tyre slashing had the desired effect!

To be honest if i lived and hunted (and had permission on) some prime land up north and every f****r was up there all the time lamping all my game etc, i'd probably slash your fecking tyres as well.

Protect what's yours and all that . . . . .

Better not go on your bits ehhhh :laugh:

• Like 1

for once i was right,, you are a bad ONE,,, its wrote all over some folks mush,,,,YOU ARE NOT to be trusted,,,slashing a dog mans tyer,s... when your no saint your self,,,,your the type sh,t what get in the tred of my boots,,, your,,bad bad,man,,, i shud not of put man,,,

for once i was right,, you are a bad ONE,,, its wrote all over some folks mush,,,,YOU ARE NOT to be trusted,,,slashing a dog mans tyer,s... when your no saint your self,,,,your the type sh,t what get in the tred of my boots,,, your,,bad bad,man,,, i shud not of put man,,,

I think you should be telling this to the gullible fekers on the internet who seem to want to meet up with every feker and their grandmothers.
  • Like 1

you for got to say you wud not pick the phone up,,, and this muppet dont look like a tree hugger with shity long hair and and i put a comb through it,,,buts lets not get bitchy hay,,,, you keep makeing phone,s calls on the sly..,///,,, and just remeber were the lurcher come from,,,, old time guys ,,who nipt over the fence... now its middle class and top class of person who have come into the game with a bad attiude, about lurcher men,,,

Really showing your class as a man there mate - insinuating folk are a grass, and making personal insults about the way people look?

Are you REALLY trying to make out that i have ever ratted on anyone? Is that based on anything at all, or are you just being a c**t? Its a dangerous accusation to throw around.

You don't need to give me a lecture on the hostory of the lurcher, or some kind of retarded class argument. There is nowt wrong with nipping over the fence, poaching, etc etc, its just about how you do it, and how wise it is to brag to all and sundry about your deeds and where they can do the same . . . . .

Don't think anyone here objects to poaching, its just how some folk go about it.

Dont make out like your your some Angel...

Your not to be trusted anyway.. I dug up this old comment shows the measure of you really dont it....

"I will never go there again"

- Well, it looks like the tyre slashing had the desired effect!

To be honest if i lived and hunted (and had permission on) some prime land up north and every f****r was up there all the time lamping all my game etc, i'd probably slash your fecking tyres as well.

Protect what's yours and all that . . . . .

Better not go on your bits ehhhh :laugh:

That's a low trick.For anyone to do'' I for one would not want to live in the same' street has you; me old

Well I now know exactly why myself and friends left the sport some years ago. Some of the posts on this thread are an absolute disgrace and confirm that predudice against the Lurcher owner and the sport is actually wholly justified as a result of the irresponsible and selfish actions of some. The keepers, police, wildlife crime officers and general public are seemingly right. It is very sad. It would seem many would clearly rather creep around like petty, slippy and cowardly criminals than be mature and man enough to do the right thing. The sport is finished.

Let me tell you about those heroes that drive up to the Dales; Some years ago myself, a friend and my uncle were on our way to stay with a landowner and his wife for the weekend and have a weekend of lamping and ferreting on thier place plus a couple of other farms where we had...wait for it!!....permission. We were following a white transit through the dark on our way to our permission when what we initially thought was a cardboard box was thrown out of the window of the van at serious speed. As we passed the object on the side of the carriageway, as the van sped off, we realised it was a dog! We immediately stopped and found a poor, terrified and injured (FROM BEING THROWN FROM THE VAN) lurcher which had obviously been disgarded by these lamping/poaching the dales heroes. I could have been sick on the spot. My uncle adopted the poor animal who turned out to be a lovely old bitch one she had recovered from the trauma, who actually came out with us a few times ferreting and caught a few more before she was retired in a loving home. Following this we were also told by the farmers of more abandonded dogs, idiots with running dogs pulling sheep down, trashing property, wandering across land scattering flocks and theiving. So what do you think the attidude of the people who live and work there is toward lurcher owners? Even toward someone 'walking' a footpath allowing their lurchers to run into their fields. I will tell you now, they've had enough.

A friend saw some young lads arrested last year for just parking up and wandering across a field with dogs and a ferret box - the police are switched on and there are now dedicated wildlife crime officers, so why risk it? why not spend time asking for permission, you will be able to relax and enjoy working your dogs within the law.

Like it or not it is hot everywhere now, and very much so in the Dales because of the actions of poachers and petty, slimy criminals. I feel sorry for the lads who go to the effort of gaining permission and keeping it for years and also for the new lads trying to gain some, only for the actions of a few to ruin it forever. You are not working dog men, you are worse than anti's.

Many posts on this thread are clearly advocating illegal activities and poaching, therefore based on the moderators rules it should surely be removed.

Edited by omegathelast

That's quiet a tirade there matey, simple question.........what about the many hundreds of decent working dog owners who are un-able to obtain permission?, are their dogs simply to rot in their kennels going mad because they can not do what they were bred to do?

Hardly makes them " slimy criminals" does it?

You make it sound like it is simply a case of asking and it will be granted which as we all know is not true, many farmers won't give you permission because they have a very poor understanding of the hunting act and have been led to believe by the shooting press that almost anyone with a lurcher is some kind of criminal.

If it was that easy to get ground that holds enough game to keep a keen dog lad going then no one would jump,over a fence.

We are all aware that their is a scum element in the game but that can be said for most things.

That post of your is a little bit too " holier than thou" for my liking

Edited by WILF
  • Like 7

What a load of bull,Thats the type of stuff journalists write any one going out for a rabbit without permission is dumping dogs killing sheep?

How many shooters have shot at something they knew wasn't on there permission,how many fox hounds have crossed land they are not welcome on.

Ihave plenty of permission and after a lot of it being hit by mixie this summer,I went and got a lot more,But just because I'm in a position to do it doesn't make me better than a lad thats out to give his dog a run.I wasn't always so lucky and remember the other side.

And maybe your the one thats not a dog man or you would have never been able to give it up :thumbs:

• Like 3