new gun new day

Just went out after getting my new rifle and took this pigeon at 36 yards laser range finder my rifle is sub 12 fps and it done this to the head one shot with air arm pellets 177 is it over power? iv never seen this before

post-76257-0-03545300-1351258406.jpg

post-76257-0-41152300-1351258727.jpg

Edited by kill zone

nah its just where you hit it fairly flush to the curve of its skull...if that makes sense... basically where the pellet hit the bone fairly flush it tore a lot of it away instead of penetrating tidily as usual...if it was significantly high enough to make a difference the hole would be cleaner

you might have to clean the patio though :/

If its doing that with AAF's, get it turned down QUICK :yes:

If the Police Chrono it, it WILL go over with a Biz Mag! Remember they use light, medium and heavy pellets. AAF are medium weight :yes:

Get it set to 11.5 using Biz Mags, that way it's never going to go over.

According to an RFD my BSA Ultra was 11.76 with AAF's. Police Chronoed it with a heavier pellet and it was 13.04 and I need an FAC to possess it. Oh and I now have a Criminal Record because of that the Biz mag put an extra 1.28 ft/lbs (and thats only a few feet per second more).

Tony

Incidently I shot a Woody with an 10.25 ft/lbs rifle from underneath, took the head almost clean off :victory: The Heart carries on pumping for a second or two and a Woody has a lot of beats per second hart rate, hence the amount of blood :thumbs:

Tony

i'm with tony on this one i have a range at 30mtrs on my land and i will take a woodie easy with a head shot as pass pictures will show as for what tony said the heart does stay beating for a good minute hence the amout of blood also the blood is thinner in the head the same as us cracking ya noggin and see it bleeds like a good un these a few on here that know this and tony being one of them very good and what he know you wont go far wrong listening to tony phantom buddy

but again please try to get your gun crono'd as the police see it as a must for the owner and if it is over they will take in and charge you no if's or buts about that buddy

these plenty of people on here that will help you if you dont have a crono to matey if they are local to ya pal

cracking shot though pal keep it up and enjoy some pigeon breasts garlic oinions kidney and liver in a nice gravy and mash hummmm hungry now lol

shay

If the Police Chrono it, it WILL go over with a Biz Mag! Remember they use light, medium and heavy pellets. AAF are medium weight :yes:

According to an RFD my BSA Ultra was 11.76 with AAF's. Police Chronoed it with a heavier pellet and it was 13.04 and I need an FAC to possess it. Oh and I now have a Criminal Record because of that the Biz mag put an extra 1.28 ft/lbs (and thats only a few feet per second more).

Tony

What was the outcome of having an over powered rifle? :thumbs:

A Caution for possession of a Section One Firearm without a certificate. Because it's my first offence and the other circumstances I was offered the caution. I could have refused the caution, but then I'd have wound up with a spell in the big house as the CPS would have prosocuted me through the court. Remeber its a Mandatory minimum sentance if found guilty.

Tony

Tony

alright Tony,

was this .177 0r .22?

I asked a question on another forum the other week as I was looking at buying a gun, the owner had told me that he had had to return it to the manufacturer after it shot over the magic number (12.01) on a test over his chrony... he said they set it to 11.7 with JSB exacts and I was worried that bismags would put it over...

The members of the forum wanted to know if it was .177 as if it was, then it would probably be over with a heavier pellet but I should be ok with that setting if it was .22..

it was a .22 by the way...never bought it though...

A Caution for possession of a Section One Firearm without a certificate. Because it's my first offence and the other circumstances I was offered the caution. I could have refused the caution, but then I'd have wound up with a spell in the big house as the CPS would have prosocuted me through the court. Remeber its a Mandatory minimum sentance if found guilty.

Tony

Fookin hell mate. That was lucky was it not?

Tony

Well tony has just put the fear of god into us :blink: as I have just got myself a very nice new BSA Ultra .22 multishot from a Blackpool retailer, and I have no desire to get my collar felt by the boys(or girls) in blue and end up with a criminal record the first time I go onto my permission(when I get one :laugh:). I thought that most/all air guns were now factory set to under the legal limit of 12ft/lbs. and that many including the BSA’s had anti-tamper checks to show that we had not fiddled with them.

With all this in mind should I be going back to the shop and getting it chrony?