new gun new day

If its doing that with AAF's, get it turned down QUICK :yes:

If the Police Chrono it, it WILL go over with a Biz Mag! Remember they use light, medium and heavy pellets. AAF are medium weight :yes:

Get it set to 11.5 using Biz Mags, that way it's never going to go over.

According to an RFD my BSA Ultra was 11.76 with AAF's. Police Chronoed it with a heavier pellet and it was 13.04 and I need an FAC to possess it. Oh and I now have a Criminal Record because of that the Biz mag put an extra 1.28 ft/lbs (and thats only a few feet per second more).

Tony

alright Tony,

was this .177 0r .22?

I asked a question on another forum the other week as I was looking at buying a gun, the owner had told me that he had had to return it to the manufacturer after it shot over the magic number (12.01) on a test over his chrony... he said they set it to 11.7 with JSB exacts and I was worried that bismags would put it over...

The members of the forum wanted to know if it was .177 as if it was, then it would probably be over with a heavier pellet but I should be ok with that setting if it was .22..

it was a .22 by the way...never bought it though...

its 177 i have to take it back to the shop i bought if from.I used it today for target shooting and it was blowing chunks out of a fence post and my old s400 never did that so i think its going over sub 12 as that fence post is destroyed with about 15 pellets

It was a .22 :yes:

It doesnt matter what the cal is. PCPs will give a higher output with a heavier pellet :yes: where a springer is the reverse :yes:

Yes I was exceptionally lucky just to get away with a caution!

here's the thread I mentioned, seems they think otherwise regards .22 and .177

http://bsaog.co.uk/f...p?topic=45883.0

Edited by kpr1969

It was a .22 :yes:

It doesnt matter what the cal is. PCPs will give a higher output with a heavier pellet :yes: where a springer is the reverse :yes:

Yes I was exceptionally lucky just to get away with a caution!

here's the thread I mentioned, seems they think otherwise regards .22 and .177

http://bsaog.co.uk/f...p?topic=45883.0

I speak from experiance with both .22 (my own) and both the Daystates in .177 that I chronoed last Saturday for Whizzie