deer dogs (preban)

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mates little whippet was a good deer dog pre ban 19tts. Very capable little bitch was Skippy

couple more in me youth.many many moons ago.when i was kean , now the ban i sit back and just think of the good old day,s,,

An old pre ban one a dog bred out of a 22tts lamp bitch to a first cross saluki/grey called jed from county duram.

Posted Images

My mate had a saluki whippet grey 23 tts that took deer regular, and his brother had a deerhound x greyx collie grey who was a big strong dog at 28tts and well let's just say he was a very very handy dog pre-ban

i think if i had to have one just for deer pre ban it would have to be a deerhound x

My mate had a saluki whippet grey 23 tts that took deer regular, and his brother had a deerhound x greyx collie grey who was a big strong dog at 28tts and well let's just say he was a very very handy dog pre-ban

i think if i had to have one just for deer pre ban it would have to be a deerhound x

Saluki x for me, but i have never had a deerhound x, i just stick to what i know :thumbs:

I had a wst cross whippet grey pre ban and she would be up a deers ass and stick there but she would never strike! Lol used to frustrate me, she would take hare rabbit and the odd fox doubled up but would never strick at a deer! Lol I like my beddy crosses and small lurchers so if they ever removed the ban and I was after a deer dog I think I would go beddy grey, altho it would be quite funny to see what my little beddy whippet would do if put on one....but sadly that day will never come

Saluki x for me, but i have never had a deerhound x, i just stick to what i know :thumbs:

i think the saluki would probably be a better choice if i am honest turn it into a bit of an all rounder.....

Guest bigdaddylongchopper

i think the saluki would probably be a better choice if i am honest turn it into a bit of an all rounder.....

good deer dogs come in all crosses and all sizes imo

• Like 3

A lot of people dont like them, but put the time in, and they are hard to beat, and never revert to heavy handed tactics, or else you aint going nowhere :thumbs:

I had a wst cross whippet grey pre ban and she would be up a deers ass and stick there but she would never strike! Lol used to frustrate me, she would take hare rabbit and the odd fox doubled up but would never strick at a deer! Lol I like my beddy crosses and small lurchers so if they ever removed the ban and I was after a deer dog I think I would go beddy grey, altho it would be quite funny to see what my little beddy whippet would do if put on one....but sadly that day will never come

good deer dogs come in all crosses and all sizes imo

I agree 100% with you, either they will or they wont, regardless of the breeding.

A lot of people dont like them, but put the time in, and they are hard to beat, and never revert to heavy handed tactics, or else you aint going nowhere :thumbs:

a mate of mine has a collie x when he raised his voice itwouldnt come anywere near him and he never smacked it :laugh: used to end up walking back with it 20 yards behind him

Not having a go mate, but have you actualy owned a Saluki or Saluki X ? You are dead right about the "heavy handed", by the way :thumbs:

Cheers.

Not having a go mate, but have you actualy owned a Saluki or Saluki X ? You are dead right about the "heavy handed", by the way :thumbs:

Cheers.

i would say he has he said in his other posts he would stick to what he knew ie the saluki breed :thumbs: