more hassle for northern terrier men

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before you start typing let your empty brain engage you muppet!! I had to pet out the best spaniel I ever owned due to it having a un docked tail, I'd like to see you watch a dog of yours going out i

wind your neck in ya fanny

also hear theres a two year jail sentence for anyone caught docking tails , quite unreal when peados , rapists ,muggers what have ya, get a slap on the wrist more times than enough

Posted Images

Johnny terrier work is much different from gun work - the spaniels tails get smashed up in brambles and thicket - mostly cut up, on occasion broken, often infections set in and gangrene because the infection can't be seen under the hair.

Its much better to dock ahead of having the dog suffer.

5778555408_d07df99066.jpg

Edited by HGN
  • Like 8

fetch your dog to wales and pick some birds out of the blackthorn for me.......then you will see why tails should be docked for some breeds..... a tail on a terrier can and does get in the way too..... my grandad owned 2 queen anne russel x lancashire heelers(1976 ish) .... ugly with or without there tails.... both had full tails and both got broken while working earths... both had there tails amputated...

Edited by Grinder

Johnny sounds like you have never used a terrier for pest control?... maybe your a lab man or a lurcher man, or someone who just really has not done a lot with "WORKING BREEDS"

now johnny most dogs who are bred for working purposes, LOVE and LIVE for WORK...

so when a dog lets say, sees his master he gets very excited and wags his tail incessently showing his JOY, EXCITEMENT & LOVE for his master....

so when a terrier which is bred for work UNDERGROUND, works underground to quarry he is doing a job which he also LOVES & it EXCITES him, so there for a terrier who loves his job underground will incessintly wag his tail as they work....

So if you take into consideration the dog will be confined too tight places underground....if his tail was NOT docked they would constantly be banging their LONG tails of the side of the inside of the burrows... resulting in an even more horendous condition, than the picture of the un-docked springer that has been previously posted which in my opinon is totally cruel, instead of a 3 second nip on the tail at 3 days old when they tail is still morrow!!.. no bone or cartlidge starts to physically form in a dogs tail to after 6 days!! so in reality its like cutting a white/black pudding.

I dont think you realise why a terrier's tail that was bred for "WORK & WORK ONLY" would need its tail docked, hope this has helped you understand why this practise, which is over a few hundred years old and proven to not affect or harm the terrier pup any way what so ever, but is so essential to its welfare and well being in later life.....

Tail docking should be up to the individual owner,not certain organisations etc. that have little understanding of the lifestyle of a working dog.Certain working dogs suffer with entire tails and need docking.Ive never seen a terrier suffer because of a long tail,underground or on top,i think its more for appearance to dock terrier tails,same as Rotty,s,Dobermans and Weimeraner,s,yet again it should be the owners choice,its a quick simple procedure causing negligible suffering.You can take a teenager and take a blade to his John Thomas,or mutilate a lasses beaver in the name of religion,take a blade to a pups tail and all the loony left wing Lesbo,s and shirt lifting Liberals are up in arms about it,the worlds gone mental.

• Like 1