Pure whippets your opinion please.

a mate of mine had two once said they lacked the go he needed, fine for rabbit but still didnt have the drive he was looking for this was twenty years ago.when i asked him what happened to them he said they both ended up on a muck heep!!!!!!!!!!!

i know guys that change there lurchers as often as there socks in the search of the holy grail

doesent make them good dog men and one thing a whippet has got in spades is prey drive

i witnessed a three month old whippet latching on to a fully grown hare that ran passed it

and was getting trailed along how much more heart do you need ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do you all think of the pure whippet as an all rounder.

Please give a for and against answer or two of the same, cheers.

the best dog iever saw was a whippet ,it was owned by a shit thief from aslockton in notts ,isaw it catch 12 ,october, daytime rabbits, one sunday morning at swinderby borstal in 1967,

micky.

The Working Whippet Year Book will be available from Friday night to get your copy Email http://rabbitrunnerwhippets.mysite.orange.co.uk/ as Nigel has set uo a paypal button £10 + £2 postage Enjoy :thumbsup

whats in it mate as i am only interested in the working side of things i am not realy into

lure coursing and racing but if theres a big percentage of working i would have a copy :victory:

Proper little whippets them just the right size :clapper:

All the best daytime rabbit dogs ive ever seen were whippets too small for foxs but they didnt need no terrier or feret to set there bunnys up as they were little enough to work and strike in cover themselves.

great little ferreting dogs around holes,as for all rounders a higher percentage are not.

it doesnt take much of a dog to catch a ferreted or lamped rabbit, the dog i was referring to took a dozen rabbits in open country unaided by ferrets, lamps ,or mixi, a feat that 99.9%of lurchers could never hope to achieve especially those big daft bull crosses

micky

great little ferreting dogs around holes,as for all rounders a higher percentage are not.

it doesnt take much of a dog to catch a ferreted or lamped rabbit, the dog i was referring to took a dozen rabbits in open country unaided by ferrets, lamps ,or mixi, a feat that 99.9%of lurchers could never hope to achieve especially those big daft bull crosses

micky

:laugh::laugh: dont get me wrong i love a good whippet but thats a narrow minded or inexperienced attitude,and KC whippets do lack a good coat ,i always feel sorry for em when theyre standing there shivering when it gets a bit to cold for em :laugh:

micky

:laugh::laugh: dont get me wrong i love a good whippet but thats a narrow minded or inexperienced attitude,and KC whippets do lack a good coat ,i always feel sorry for em when theyre standing there shivering when it gets a bit to cold for em :laugh:

i was giving my opinion based on facts, fact 1 , i have seen a whippet catch a dozen walked up rabbits on a early morning walk

fact 2, a dozen bull crosses on a simillar walk would catch 0 :D:D