Kennel sizes? is there a law?

Hi all,

basically after members of my family falling out with the neighbours, they've decided that they would like to drag me into the fued, and are apparently going to report me to the RSPCA for the conditions my terrier is kept in...... :huh: ,

now i know they will come and get nowhere as he is in a 7ftx7ft run with a concrete floor, he has an off the ground wooden kennel with loads of bedding in it, it has 3 walled sides, the front is a chainlink gate and a half chainlink fence, he has constant access to water, he's walked 1st thing in the morning, fed, cleaned out, then after work he's walked and cleaned out again,

when im not in work he's with me where ever i am more often then not, so i have told them to go ahead and phone them, as i know he has all his 5 freedoms met,

but my ex-army neighbour who has apparently worked with dogs (obviously not enough) says he always barks when they are in their garden, during the day and this is apparently the signs of a dog in great distress, and not the signs of a normal dog barking at the fence when people are close :icon_eek: ,

so i m sure there is no law on kennel size as long as all 5 freedoms are met, but thought id just double check, as i have told them to go right ahead and phone them... :D

As Tam has said the noise issue is one for the local council via their Enviromental Health Officer. Anyone who believes that they may have any issues with the RSPCA would do a lot worse than looking at the following:http://the-shg.org/index.htm

It is a page set up by a self help group of farmers and pet owners against the RSPCA. There is some legislation surrounding kennel size, but it only applies to licenced breeders, boarding kennels and greyhound kennels. There is currently no legislation I am aware of regarding the specific size of a private 'pet' kennel.

your dog could be in a tiny run but get out for 4 long rubs per day sonebody else could have a great big kennel run but the dog never gets out the condition of the dog won't lie so if RSPCA say he's in good nick that's good enough

That's BOLLOX mate......When did they BECOME the Guardians/Enforcement agency, of the Dog world :hmm: Show them the door..

THEY ARE A F*****N CHARITY when are folk going to get their HEADS round this ...NO POWERS.....yes they Can make things difficult ,BUT you can MAKE things DIFFICULT for them... :wallbash:

Edited by Tam O'Void
  • Like 3

rspca have no rights to enter your property without either a search warrent and accompanying police officers or your permission to enter your property... They are only busybody members of the public wearing a silly uniform. They have no more rights than you or me. You are well within your rights to tell them to :feck: off if they come knocking.

your dog could be in a tiny run but get out for 4 long rubs per day sonebody else could have a great big kennel run but the dog never gets out the condition of the dog won't lie so if RSPCA say he's in good nick that's good enough

That's BOLLOX mate......When did they BECOME the Guardians/Enforcement agency, of the Dog world :hmm: Show them the door..

THEY ARE A F*****N CHARITY when are folk going to get their HEADS round this ...NO POWERS.....yes they Can make things difficult ,BUT you can MAKE things DIFFICULT for them... :wallbash:

no I'm just saying if they are on his back and see the dog is in good nic its end of discussion

Just make sure you keep on top of picking the turd's up of the floor..they will try to get you on that even if they is very little layed about..a mate of mine got reported for some reason and his dog had the full run of the paved garden which is around 23ft square..it had a good kennel but they twisted about the odd bit of dog crap layed about and also told him to remove a pile of old roofing tile's from his garden incase the dog cut it's feet on them.. :D ..folk say don't let them in but it does not stop them from sticking there worthless head's over a fence..just keep your guard up and you will be fine.. :yes:

• Like 1