Best food for running dogs?

a lot of the pit dog men in america are feeding a brand of dog food called barf, supposedly 100 percent natural ingredients

just had a look on ebay at barf dry food its £60.00 for a 7.5 kilo bag :o

i dident say it was cheap lol i think i will stick to my beta greyhound!!!

• Like 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there is no better food for a dog than meat , its what they were designed to eat.

But if they shit alot, then obviously there is a lot of waste product in this feed that the dogs cant digest!!!

Why not?   A dog's digestive system is designed to process meat better than most other types of food. Thankfully, more and more people are beginning to realise this, and stop lining the pockets of

Redmills used to be ok as a base to mix ,meat,veg,pasta,rice ect

Imo there is now better out there, Australian Formular or Gain, they do differing Protein levels and Puppy Orientated Nuts.

There is a New Cheaper version to the Market that is getting good revues when mixed with again Meat,Chicken,Veg , Pasta, Rice ect its called Formular One.

Ps, Wag is Total shite. and imo they are all Bland and not Good enough on their own.

Mix in meat ect

a while back in the greyhound star, it ripped aussie formula to peices over what they put in there feed, and do you not find that gain gives them the shits a bit?

Cant ever remember the Greyhound Star ripping Aussie Formular to bits and i buy the Star everymonth and have done for years.

In fact Aussie Formular have a big big Advert in there every month, i dont think they would advertise there if the publication ran them down ?

No mate my dogs are ok on Gain mixed with Chicken,Beef,Veg, Patsa,Rice ect

There is a place called Lawsons Pet Supplies that you can order from they do all manor of feeds, bedding, supplements ect

Just google them and give them a Bell.

i get my gain from lawsons. just ordered a years supply. a quarter pallet (15 bags) with a couple of bags of gain 20 thrown in, delivered for £200.

i was however, stumped at the labelling. 5 months ago the bag said 'suitable for pups, pregnant and nursing bitches'. now it does not say that. i spoke to the guy at lawsons who assured me it was the exact same stuff. the theory is that people were buying the gain 28 to feed all their dogs (pups/adults, nursing bitches etc) and not enough people were buying their puppy and sapling feed. by changing the labelling then people who hadnt used gain before would buy the more expensive puppy feed.

what do you think?

i do find that gain makes my dogs shiit a lot but i do think that they are doing well on it. ive not seen a bad review on it yet. picking up a little extra shiit it worth it if the dogs are looking/ performing well :thumbs:

Edited by Blue Pocket Rocket

Imo there is now better out there, Australian Formular or Gain, they do differing Protein levels and Puppy Orientated Nuts.

There is a New Cheaper version to the Market that is getting good revues when mixed with again Meat,Chicken,Veg , Pasta, Rice ect its called Formular One.

Ps, Wag is Total shite. and imo they are all Bland and not Good enough on their own.

Mix in meat ect

a while back in the greyhound star, it ripped aussie formula to peices over what they put in there feed, and do you not find that gain gives them the shits a bit?

Cant ever remember the Greyhound Star ripping Aussie Formular to bits and i buy the Star everymonth and have done for years.

In fact Aussie Formular have a big big Advert in there every month, i dont think they would advertise there if the publication ran them down ?

There is a place called Lawsons Pet Supplies that you can order from they do all manor of feeds, bedding, supplements ect

i get my gain from lawsons. just ordered a years supply. a quarter pallet (15 bags) with a couple of bags of gain 20 thrown in, delivered for £200.

i was however, stumped at the labelling. 5 months ago the bag said 'suitable for pups, pregnant and nursing bitches'. now it does not say that. i spoke to the guy at lawsons who assured me it was the exact same stuff. the theory is that people were buying the gain 28 to feed all their dogs (pups/adults, nursing bitches etc) and not enough people were buying their puppy and sapling feed. by changing the labelling then people who hadnt used gain before would buy the more expensive puppy feed.

what do you think?

i do find that gain makes my dogs shiit a lot but i do think that they are doing well on it. ive not seen a bad review on it yet. picking up a little extra shiit it worth it if the dogs are looking/ performing well :thumbs:

But if they shit alot, then obviously there is a lot of waste product in this feed that the dogs cant digest!!!

• Like 3

Mix in meat ect

what do you think?

Exactly :thumbs:

If you want to feed a biscut my advice is Australian Formular and add beef, chicken, tripe, turkey, veg,pasta, rice.

Pups up to 14 mths old Australian Puppy and Sapling plus all the above.

If you cant source the above try Gain 28% plus all the meat , veg ect

Pups up to 14 months Gain Puppy and Sapling plus all the meat Veg ect.

If your on a budget try the Formular One at around £11 per bag plus meat and veg ect.

Give them a marrow bone once per week and a touch of Cod Liver Oil , Curragh Oil or Super Solvtax Oil.

Supplement with a Little Gain Garmvit or White E, Or John Konke has a Good range of supplements out and add That Bit Xtra and they will be Healthy and have good energy levels.

Just be carefull not to over supplement, it can be deprimental.

you feed nearly the same as me. or i feed nearly the same as you :laugh::thumbs:

me to

anybody feed burns, its £40 a sack(15kgs), and that markus muelle is popular locally, but i wouldve thought it would have a shelf life as its cold pressed as aposed to cooked

markus muehle is cooked, but pasteurised, as opposed to cooked at very high temperatures like most dog food. This means that fewer vitamins etc are destroyed in the process.

Most top of the range £30 and over dog foods have an exact list of ingredients, unlike the cheap ones which are very sparing in their description of the ingredients, allowing them a lot more lee way in what they use.

Mix in meat ect

what do you think?

probably quite right. dogs performing, looking and keeping well. pups doing well on it too and the labs leaner than ever. we get what we can afford.

i know lots of people feed wagg, one of the cheapest about and their dogs are in top condt.

a barf diet would be best, mine get raw mixed in BUT not every lifestyle suits a barf diet. working hours etc.

like i said, we get the best we can afford. if thats a £6 bag of webbox from poundsaver then so be it.

Mix in meat ect

what do you think?

probably quite right. dogs performing, looking and keeping well. pups doing well on it too and the labs leaner than ever. we get what we can afford.

i know lots of people feed wagg, one of the cheapest about and their dogs are in top condt.

a barf diet would be best, mine get raw mixed in BUT not every lifestyle suits a barf diet. working hours etc.

like i said, we get the best we can afford. if thats a £6 bag of webbox from poundsaver then so be it.

very true mate, why try and fix something that is not broken, each to there own!!!

Regarding not everyone has a lifestyle that suits barf.

You take two chicken wings out the freezer for breakfast.

main meal a handfull biscuit chopped spinach from frozen bag and grated carrot.

A pound of frozen minced meat defrosted and mixed with other ingredients, takes mins to set up.