Terrier pup or failed terrier

Please don't get your Pensioner relatvie a 'failed Terrier'! Years ago I gave away a Bitch Russell, double inbred on 'Pieman', to a Family looking for a Pet. It was a neighbour of my Wifes relative and the Bitch loved kids, having jibbed one Sunday I was going to cull her. The guy was always pestering me for a Pup or an older one that didn't do what I needed it for. So, because of her personality, she went to this family. I said to keep her on a long Leash for a Month or so, until she settles a bit and gets used to them. The very day she was let off, she went to ground and was down for 7 hours. The kids were crying, his Mrs was giving him feck for letting her off and they had to sit there for all that time, worrying and panicking, listening to the Bitch screaming with pain, baying and bumping and moving around. She eventually came out smashed to feck and on the verge of collapsing, why she went from me. I had to go and sort her out, trimming this away, stitching here and there, then finally a few Tablets and a jab. The Vet would of charged a small fortune. I used to have a very extensive medical Kit back then, having the likes of Len French and other sources around. DO NOT GET HER A 'FAILED TERRIER', this isn't a second hand story, just one example of several I personally know of.

Edited by Shamo

I gave my retired bitch to a pensioner... They are both having a great time of it, he was told when I gave her to him... Never let her off the lead, she will seriously injure any dog that annoys her and dont let her near cats or small furries or pomeranians

Shes now fat and spends her days as an oversized lap dog... She always was unusualy laid back though for a fell type

• Like 1

I gave my retired bitch to a pensioner... They are both having a great time of it, he was told when I gave her to him... Never let her off the lead, she will seriously injure any dog that annoys her and dont let her near cats or small furries or pomeranians

Shes now fat and spends her days as an oversized lap dog... She always was unusualy laid back though for a fell type

Haha. Sounds like a good retirement

Yup

The last working terrier I know to have been rehomed to a non woking home, made the courier, after the bloke let if off it`s lead in the woods, it went to ground, and the fire brigade took 7 hours to get it back !! hahahahha

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...