little bit of advise?

I've been introducing my pup to the new ferret the past week now and they seemed to get on fine through the bars of the cage. Put a bowl of milk down for each about 2 metres apart and gradualy moved closerover the course of couple days, but today the pup went up for a sniff and the gill latched herself to my pups nose! I usualy feed my ferret at 6pm but left it a bit longer tonight as to let the pup and fert interact 1st...maybe that's where I went wrong? What else can I do now tho to help them interact as after it happend the pup growld everytime she saw the gill which got me worried, and will the dog decover from this? Atb

Well at least the pup will have respect now . : ) infact will probs steer well clear , that was the turning point with my dog he kept picking the feret up or trying well he picked the wrong Jill she ran off round the garden snuck up behind him and nie on bit him on the boluk the dog lept into my arms quivering funny as feck

• Like 1

Well at least the pup will have respect now . : ) infact will probs steer well clear , that was the turning point with my dog he kept picking the feret up or trying well he picked the wrong Jill she ran off round the garden snuck up behind him and nie on bit him on the boluk the dog lept into my arms quivering funny as feck

pmsl :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

put a muzzle on the ferret and see what happends just till they get use to eachh other

For what possible reason would you do that? Best scenario is a dog that doesn't have any interest in the ferret - either through genuine concentration on the job at hand, or through a dislike ok getting bitten so it stays away.

ps: Anyone that even owns a ferret muzzle is a cock.

Best thing that could of happened mate your dog should respect your ferret now , it may seem a bit harsh but your dog only has a second to strike when a rabbits bolting so its got to make the right choice , rabbit not ferret