first time out for a while

have been flat out at work for some months not complaining but have had no time to play. anyhow managed a few hours at a local stable yard but was nothing about, spent the first 30 mins plinking in the only paddock that was not 3ft high with grass. bit rusty anyhow so need the time. thought i would take a wonder down to the bottom paddocks which are lined with woodland on one side and usually have the most movement. but grass was uncut and couldnt see anything for some time. thought i would wait it out and watch the bunnies in the farmland next door where i dont have permission and as you can guess it was frustrating to say the least. so thought about packing up and heading home when out of the woods came a manky looking fox. sat and watched it for about 20mins and came within 20m of me before running away. nice to be out i thought and had a quick scan and spotted a maggie on the horse watering bath. i stalked in for about 15m to a range of 30m and shouldered rifle standing with the support of the fence post. took a nice clean head shot and down it went. so not the most productive day but great to be out.

hw100maggie22nd002_zpse7e4ad9e.jpg

• Like 1