welping box for my bitch

Pig rails need to be flush against the sides/ends of the box or the bitch could get her legs/feet hooked under, over them. Box needs to be half as long again as the bitch stretched out on her side full length, with her legs able to extend fully in that position. Sorry to be boring, but having bred a few litters in my time, I've experimented with all sorts of boxes.

Also, making the sides and one end high enough to either place a board over them to create a den effect, or at least a blanket over the top. Some bitches get a bit worried if they are exposed to the world, and having a 'roof' makes them feel more secure. Just something I've found to help relax 'new mothers'.

• Like 1

Pig rails need to be flush against the sides/ends of the box or the bitch could get her legs/feet hooked under, over them. Box needs to be half as long again as the bitch stretched out on her side full length, with her legs able to extend fully in that position. Sorry to be boring, but having bred a few litters in my time, I've experimented with all sorts of boxes.

Also, making the sides and one end high enough to either place a board over them to create a den effect, or at least a blanket over the top. Some bitches get a bit worried if they are exposed to the world, and having a 'roof' makes them feel more secure. Just something I've found to help relax 'new mothers'.

i knew you were a peddler lol............ :laugh: :laugh: :tongue2:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I must have been doing something wrong then, because I never actually made any money from selling puppies, if I factored in all the costs over the years. To be honest, trying to keep a line going for one's own use is a much more expensive business than buying in a new pup every few years. And with the huge number of lurchers being bred these days, I doubt many people really do it for the money any more: the market is saturated, and mostly with sub-standard stock.

Good luck with your litter black recking it: I don't know your bitch or the sire in 'person' but from what I've read, they should be good pups.

• Like 2

P . . . That's what I did with Jewel with her litter :thumbs: Put an old piece of carpet on to make the "roof", also it stopped the heat from the lamp escaping to quickly aswell ;)

time will tell i done it this way the last time for a mate and it was ok some dog,s have pup,s in some of the worst condition,s and all goes well i will be at hand 24/7 when she,s ready to have them so think,s for advice i have taken it onbored

Looks alright that pal,good luck with the pups :thumbs: , when are they due?