books about beagles

mart

just finished reading american beagling by old kickapoo, and i´m waiting for beagling by j.i. lloyd, hints on beagling by john pawle and the new beagle by a. and j.musladin.

anybody read these or others on the subject?

where do you buy books?

mart

I've read the Jack Ivester Lloyd one years ago. I found it a great read as I like his writing style and if I remember rightly it contains some good info on keeping and working a small beagle pack too.

I now own an American book called "This Is The Beagle" byGeorge D. Whitney. It gives details of raising and training beagles for American style beagle trials but it's written in a much drier, more serious style and isn't a lot of fun to read.

Edited by Maximus Ferret
  • 1 year later...

just finished reading american beagling by old kickapoo, and i´m waiting for beagling by j.i. lloyd, hints on beagling by john pawle and the new beagle by a. and j.musladin.

anybody read these or others on the subject?

where do you buy books?

mart

the Pawle one is a lovely little book. Ive got the Paget book aswell if you want to buy it?

I've read the Jack Ivester Lloyd one years ago. I found it a great read as I like his writing style and if I remember rightly it contains some good info on keeping and working a small beagle pack too.

I now own an American book called "This Is The Beagle" byGeorge D. Whitney. It gives details of raising and training beagles for American style beagle trials but it's written in a much drier, more serious style and isn't a lot of fun to read.

Couldn't agree more about Jack Ivester Lloyd great author.....Beagling by J.C. Jeremy Hobson is a cracker. I've got a few american books here and find some of they're techniques interesting

Hobsons book on Terriers went down a Treat !!! only Hunt Terriermen should own and Hunt Terriers !!!!!according to him .

His words a bit prophetic..as time since his book was published,barrier after barrier has been put up to stop the layman owning & working the little Warriors....,but at least enough Pirate packs willing to give your wee dogs a chance ...

• Like 1

Hobsons book on Terriers went down a Treat !!! only Hunt Terriermen should own and Hunt Terriers !!!!!according to him . His words a bit prophetic..as time since his book was published,barrier after barrier has been put up to stop the layman owning & working the little Warriors....,but at least enough Pirate packs willing to give your wee dogs a chance ...

well said

I refuse to read anything written by J.C. Hobson. He's anti terrier work, simple as that.

As for writings on beagling ?

Well, it's not exactly a book but the best bits I've ever read on beagling have all come from Hounds magazine. There's always plenty on beagling in each issue and plenty of articles on hunting and whipping in to beagles.

• Like 1