Lures for salmon & trout..

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like little (size zero) mepps or size zero Vibrax Blue Fox spinners for both salmon and trout. I've had salmon of 10.3lbs and 9.6lbs this year on size zero spinners and also had a few smaller ones.

Flying condom black with brass fittings! allys shrimp is also a good lure, devon minos in high water works well if fished properly. Its all about trying different methods but if they wont take they

Red flying condom with brass blade or the aul swinford spoon or the rolla silver bullet (silver and black) 3 i wouldnt leave the house without.try every spinner you have.

Rooster tails !! Trout and salmon can't help but nail rooster tails. Hell, most fish can't for that matter.

any pics of these lures Aaron ..just out of interest :thumbs:

Here you go.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Rooster+tails+lure&hl=en&rlz=1T4ADFA_enGB403GB403&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=_NlUUP3iN4XH0QWDhoDQAQ&ved=0CFsQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=676

Rooster tails !! Trout and salmon can't help but nail rooster tails. Hell, most fish can't for that matter.

Here you go.

http://www.google.co...iw=1024&bih=676

I was given one of those white ones last season, tried it a few times and never had a touch on it. Maybe just bad luck. I think if you have faith in a lure of fly you seem to fish better, the ally shrimp is probably one of the best known salmon flies but i have tried them off and on for years and never even had a pull. I would not put one on now. Some other anglers i know cant go wrong with them.

Here you go.

http://www.google.co...iw=1024&bih=676

I was given one of those white ones last season, tried it a few times and never had a touch on it. Maybe just bad luck. I think if you have faith in a lure of fly you seem to fish better, the ally shrimp is probably one of the best known salmon flies but i have tried them off and on for years and never even had a pull. I would not put one on now. Some other anglers i know cant go wrong with them.

Thanks for posting the pic. I've never really had luck with bright colors . I almost always stick with the darker colours have better luck. I don't even own a white one I don't think. Mepps are great too.