anyone?

thats what i have but too small for the lurchers,I want to stand em in it and wash em then.when cut straight down the middle its too shallow and doesnt hold enough water.If your washing a good few dogs then you need to keep refilling it,which is not a big deal but was just hopeing for a better type of container.I think I'll go with the mortar bins,they look perfect .

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wheythehellyoubin

If you have the room why not get a old bath,It would be free.

feck bathing them jig , get the hose out and shampoo them in hibiscrub , kills everything ..and its not to expensive either

Posted Images

Malt your on my wave length buddy(that may or may not be a good thing :laugh: :laugh: )I'll have a poke about and see what the prices and availability is over here

lurcher 1 fish pond liner is a novel idea.Might look into that.

thats what i have but too small for the lurchers,I want to stand em in it and wash em then.when cut straight down the middle its too shallow and doesnt hold enough water.If your washing a good few dogs then you need to keep refilling it,which is not a big deal but was just hopeing for a better type of container.I think I'll go with the mortar bins,they look perfect .

Get two then , cut the bottom off both, fill one with soapy water, one with plain water, grab by collar, dunk in soapy water then in plain water.... Twin tub for lurchers!

one of the lurchers is almost 55lbs in weight,lol.now doing the dunking when dry is one thing but geting them back out when wet....................I DONT THINK SO BABY. :laugh: we are talking of the barrells right?

Yep think they would be ideal HH and I can get them free too.The land owners have a ton of them lying about.Cut 3/4 way up and job done and a base with wheels to hide it away when not in use.See I knew someone on here would show me the way :D:thumbs:

Why not get one of those blue food drums they supply bulk liquids in for catering or food manufacturing? Who can get them in poly prop not metal, jigsaw, cut the beggar in half and it even has a hole for letting the water out when you have finished then?

One like this...

barrel.gif

In the whole state it contains 200 litres, so chopped in half, 100 litres, make a trestle like a saw horse, job done!

this is what i use very efective too high for dogs to jump out {when holding them like}and the dog is standing straight up in water

one question on that,how do you get them out when wet?you surely dont lift em driping wet as youd be soaked yerself Hondo,Id have a good few dogs to wash at one time,speed and efficiency is of the essence,The barrell system would be my last choice I think...............as ive used it before and when the dogs are being let out they sometimes knock over the barrell and its contents and the wash is wasted.Its handy for the terriers but not the big lurchers I have.

one question on that,how do you get them out when wet?you surely dont lift em driping wet as youd be soaked yerself Hondo,Id have a good few dogs to wash at one time,speed and efficiency is of the essence,The barrell system would be my last choice I think...............as ive used it before and when the dogs are being let out they sometimes knock over the barrell and its contents and the wash is wasted.Its handy for the terriers but not the big lurchers I have.

ya i have just one prob alrite :laugh: i have ta wear waders washing dogs :icon_redface: but terriers go in and out fairly quick but i can now after reading this topic that im a bit outdated :cray::D

Yep think they would be ideal HH and I can get them free too.The land owners have a ton of them lying about.Cut 3/4 way up and job done and a base with wheels to hide it away when not in use.See I knew someone on here would show me the way :D:thumbs:

I have one lying in the garage and it didnt even dawn on me to use it - and thanks soo much HH because im also looking for something to wash the dogs in lol And seeing as Mo Chara is 28tts and Jerry-Lee is 32tts i need something big. SO hopefully this will do perfect.!!.

But one question - how to make it into a "bath".? I know you say cut it 3/4 way up, but what about the metal out cage etc for my size dogs, what eles would need done to it.?

I know i sound abit thick asking but i really dont know what way to start it :icon_redface:

Any help greatly appreciated :thumbs:

Mo Chara I am thinking youd cut the outer steel frame and then the tank possibly half way,maybe more if needed.Then you probably would cut the outer steel frame again,lower than the actual tank soooooooo (hope yer following this) the plastic sides would be higher than the metal frame.That way,if the dogs did try jump the sides they would not come in contact with the metal (PHEW :huh: :huh: ) you could use some form of soft padding around the metal to prevent any sharp edges.......................AM I RIGHT OR AM I RIGHT :toast: .....................or am I talking shite as usual :laugh: well thats my thinking on it anyway.if i get this sorted in the next few days I'll stick up a few photos for yawwll.......... Just on a last note mo,is there a tap built into your one at the end?

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1