How to make a 'T-Bar'

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the ground is solid or wet, and you are pushing down with the probe carefully, it is a little easier to feel it breaking through into the tunnel, with a ball bearing on the end, as the ball is slig

an excellent post, i've been ferreting 20 years and learnt something new today. makes perfect sense.

ive never used 1 either mate,

Posted Images

Good biit of kit .

Saves you digging to deep if your off dig a bit.

Also comes in for beating cover back, and as already said for making pilot holes for net and longnet pegs when the ground is hard.

Mine is an old manhole lifting key.

An old poker could soon be modified if you know anyone whos handy with a welder.

Need to paint mine with some bright paint as they are an easy thing to loose.

dont need a t bar mate, just a nice sharp spade and a good finder and collar

ive never used 1 either mate, :thumbs:

where i go i take the least bit of kit, when i first started i took every thing but as ive got older ive learnt to shed a load of kit so long ive got a dog,nets ,box and collar spade and bag that will do me .

I may seem daft for not knowing but what is the purpose of a T-bar?

You use it for proding around in the hole you are digging to find the pipe (hole). sometimes you can be slightly off with your location, use can also use the locator to scan around the sides of the hole if you are off course and if you think the hole is to the side you could try the probe rather than digging a great big hole. They are usefull were there are roots and things to find the hole and then you are sure it is there before you start trying to digg roots out etc. This is what i use mine for anyway. As said if you have a little bit of metal disc or something welded on near the end you can feel the probe breaking into the pipe easeier.