A fox hunt isn't fair leveller but that's a different debate

Guest Leveller

Leveller what chance does a 16 year old lad from a council estate have of gaining some permission from a keeper to run his lurcher or do a bit of pest control with his terriers on the local estate? let me tell you no chance at all, so the young lad should knock the dogs on the head because he's got nowhere to run his dog?

To be fair it may take time and effort but im sure they would get some permission, some of my permission i have now i gained when i was 14 yrs old, i used to get round the local farms and knock on doors, always dressed respectful, none of this trackies and trainers, always spoke politely anyhow its funny how quick you can rack up permission when you have been on one spot in the area it is getting your foot in the door, Its always good to have a bit of common ground like when i ask for permission i will usually just mention i beat on whoevers and do pest control on wherever. Its all about attitude if you have it in your head that well no one is going to give me permission you arent gonna get any..

Getting on doing a bit of beating will get you known to the keepers and you can soon build a trust,

It would be nice to see more people actually making an effort and trying to get permission, rather than feck it lets poach some one elses

Like someone has already said I think its different in other parts of the country I know from experience you would be hard pushed to get your foot in the door anywhere around here ;)

. It's because you turn up in a scooby doo head to tow north face. And a liver bird. Tatt. On your forehead. And a salivating bullcross. Chewing the front seat. Offering. Verrrrrmin destruction. !!!!!

youve met stabba then :laugh:

he popped into my head aswell.

I wouldn't give a Yorkshire lad permission on there accent alone!

• Like 1

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

have disagree malt lacs targeted hare coursing, Because they had basicly failed to get fox hunting banned in its own right, back in the 60s coursing nealy died through lack of interest a small

GOT A FEW YOUNGSTERS THAT COME OUT WITH ME , GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY AND REARED THE CORRECT WAY REGARDING THE PLEASE'S, THANKYOU'S ETC PAYS DIVIDENDS..   RESPECT GOES A LONG WAY

There was a topic that's now been locked and a member typed this     It really got me thinking and I'd have to say in all honesty I don't think he's done much hunting or knows much at all about ho

Posted Images

Leveller what chance does a 16 year old lad from a council estate have of gaining some permission from a keeper to run his lurcher or do a bit of pest control with his terriers on the local estate? let me tell you no chance at all, so the young lad should knock the dogs on the head because he's got nowhere to run his dog?

To be fair it may take time and effort but im sure they would get some permission, some of my permission i have now i gained when i was 14 yrs old, i used to get round the local farms and knock on doors, always dressed respectful, none of this trackies and trainers, always spoke politely anyhow its funny how quick you can rack up permission when you have been on one spot in the area it is getting your foot in the door, Its always good to have a bit of common ground like when i ask for permission i will usually just mention i beat on whoevers and do pest control on wherever. Its all about attitude if you have it in your head that well no one is going to give me permission you arent gonna get any..

Getting on doing a bit of beating will get you known to the keepers and you can soon build a trust,

It would be nice to see more people actually making an effort and trying to get permission, rather than feck it lets poach some one elses

Like someone has already said I think its different in other parts of the country I know from experience you would be hard pushed to get your foot in the door anywhere around here ;)

. It's because you turn up in a scooby doo head to tow north face. And a liver bird. Tatt. On your forehead. And a salivating bullcross. Chewing the front seat. Offering. Verrrrrmin destruction. !!!!!

Wrong I wear some very smart country attire just out the wrapper like yours ;)

. See that's we're you going wrong. Turn up in designer scruff old cord pants. Green MnS crew neck check shirt under Neath. Old brown shoes. Or well worn wells put on you best tuther fellur. Accent. Morning is the head keeper about sir. Cap in hand. Basc sticker and wabi badge. On car screen. Borrowed. Red lab on back seat. I've just got back from abroad sir wanting a bit of fresh air don't suppose. You need a hand. On the rearing field. Etc etc etc lol lol

no likes left :thumbs:

Why do people get working dogs if there is no where to work them.

You wouldn't buy a lawnmower if you didn't have a garden! :blink:

Leveller, i understand where you are coming from, in fact it is quite easy to understand. I think some people just like to split hairs for the sake of arguing :thumbs:

Why do people think hare coursing was banned?

Was it because they are an endangered species....No

Was it because to chase a hare causes it more emotional fear that is does to chase a rabbit...No.

Was it because they look cuter than a rabbit....Def not :D

Could it be because of the types of people to recently get into coursing, poaching, threatening to burn down farms, driving the fields....and yes stealing normally does go hand in hand with it.

Hmmmm let me see :hmm:

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with the yorkshire accents! The southern birds love it!

• Like 1

Leveller, i understand where you are coming from, in fact it is quite easy to understand. I think some people just like to split hairs for the sake of arguing :thumbs:

Was it because to chase a hare causes it more emotional fear that is does to chase a rabbit...No.

Could it be because of the types of people to recently get into coursing, poaching, threatening to burn down farms, driving the fields....and yes stealing normally does go hand in hand with it.

I thought there have been a few silly posts on this thread but this one takes the biscuit :laugh: :laugh:

I thought there have been a few silly posts on this thread but this one takes the biscuit :laugh: :laugh:

In your little world have you never seen or heard any of the above :D

Nothing to do with poaching . It was banned by a load of unwashed lefties and antis. And the silly b*****ds who bought into thier unfounded pish!

But why hares Scot....why not rabbits?

It was very apparent from the start hares would get banned, because with hare coursing came money, and when money is involved ..............

Fortunately there has never been big money made coursing bunnie rabbits (Up to now) :D

So any kid getting into the game shouldnt bother because he has nowhere to go? the future will be grim for our sport if all kids threw the towel in for this reason

So hare coursing was banned because it was attracting the wrong sort of participants? .............. Why was fox hunting banned then? :laugh:

The point I was trying to make was that not all people who stray across boundrys are idiots ;)

Is it just me or does it seem as though theres sort of an upper class and working class in the hunting game? It always feels as though the upper class are blaming the working class for everything that is wrong with the sport :hmm:

• Like 2

fook readin all this shit, but when i was a kid i used to go fishing an ferreting way me ole granda, an everytime i said ' thats no fair', he would reply ' neether is the hair on a darkees arse son, shut up an do it' :laugh:

So any kid getting into the game shouldnt bother because he has nowhere to go? the future will be grim for our sport if all kids threw the towel in for this reason

So hare coursing was banned because it was attracting the wrong sort of participants? .............. Why was fox hunting banned then? :laugh:

The point I was trying to make was that not all people who stray across boundrys are idiots ;)

Is it just me or does it seem as though theres sort of an upper class and working class in the hunting game? It always feels as though the upper class are blaming the working class for everything that is wrong with the sport :hmm:

your kidding a class system in hunting never :whistling:

dont' know so much about that mate at the waterloo I stood with millionaires and paupers it made no odds we was all there to see they dogs run :thumbs:

• Like 1

dont' know so much about that mate at the waterloo I stood with millionaires and paupers it made no odds we was all there to see they dogs run :thumbs:

Its since days like that have gone that ive noticed a divide ;)